This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Some ammo prices are down lately

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Some ammo prices are down lately

Postby BigBill » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:33 am

The ammo prices have seem to level off and are dropping a little. Some are offering a lower price plus free shipping on the net too. I'm thinking business is very slow. BB
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Some ammo prices are down lately

Postby Eugene » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:48 pm

Citizens stock piling ammo has probably dropped of due the recent Supreme Court rulling upholding citizen's 2nd Ammendment rights.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:08 pm

More likely the hoarders have so much ammo on hand that most of them finally quit buying more. An artificial shortage is always followed by a real surplus.

This whole thing was like the toilet paper shortage of 1973.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:50 pm

The 7,62x39 ammo has hit an all time high at $350+ for 1,000rds. Right now on special its $199 for 1,000rds. After one of the last shortages it fell to $59 for 1,000rds.

A few excuses have been the "ongoing war" and the value of the "scrap metal" too. My local vendor for welding rod told me the cost of 50lb boxes of rod for $125+ is because of the war.(6013) I started shopping around and got $50 for a 50lb box. I see the new corvette's parked in the parking lot at my welding supply vendor.

Everytime there is a shortage we the consumer seem to get it from all sides. I guess its not mean't for us to be on the receiving end.... :censored:
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”