This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Getting there, little by little

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH
Circle of Safety: Y

Getting there, little by little

Postby SundaySailor » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:25 am

Folks,

The 1200 Cub Cadet restoration is coming along nicely. I've found the majority of my vibration issues, and have resolved a number of other things.

One of the things that bothers me is that ding-danged fuel shut off that is so hard to get to with the side covers on. I have a remedy in mind. I just need some help from you.

My fuel shutoff appears to be original with the push-pull black button. Is this button threaded, and if so, what is the thread size? I plan on making a rock shaft and lever that can be accessed just by opening the hood. Push the lever to pull open the valve, pull the lever to close the valve. Just that simple.

As always, thanks for the help. You all have been indispensable with this project.

Yes, I've been taking photos as I go along. I will present them shortly. Though, I am leaning towards no decals even though I bought them. This tractor looks so good as it is. I can't believe I'm the one who did the major part of the restoration. That electrolysis tank really helped me out big time! :{_}: :{_}: :{_}:
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH

Re: Getting there, little by little

Postby SundaySailor » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:47 am

Ok. Just pulled that side cover off. Man, is it hot out there! :twisted: :shock: :censored:

The button seems to just turn and turn without screwing off. Anyone have any clues from that stand point?

Also, if I have to, what are the insides of this thing like? Could the hex nut be screwed out, and then the black button and stem be replaced?

Just looking for ideas. There is definitely plenty of room for a rock shaft and lever to be installed and accomplish the fuel shut off.

SS
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:52 pm

If the button threads on, you have to hold the stem in place to keep it from rotating somehow.

Obviously you don't want to use vise grips or pliers or you will mar up the shaft and the valve won't work properly. It'll leak, for starters.

Looking at mine, it appears that the stem IS the valve. That shaft blocks the hole from the tank.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:17 pm

Since my fuel on/off button was stuck i ordered the replacement kit. Now i can't shut off the gas without tilting the side cover out. What a "dumb" design this is??? I'm surprised it got thru a design review if they had one at all. I really like the 1200 but its the fuel shutoff that gets me upset. BB

They should of had a plastic knob in the side cover that lined up on the fuel shut off valve so we could turn it from the outside. The plastic knob could of been fastened with a snap ring to the side cover and had a square or hex drive shaft on the fuel valve. Life would be much simplier then.

Don't get me wrong i worked with some of the top engineers in the field that were awesome to work for but some others that maybe had there hats on too tight.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:06 pm

Rick:

Looking forward to the pics and the ones out of the tank too :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Cub Cadet”