This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Boomerang 108

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Boomerang 108

Postby Jeff M » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:21 pm

About ten years ago I bought a used 108 from the local IH dealer. Low time tractor, but paint was faded, which I took care of in short order. Came with a 48" deck which worked well. After I got my Loboy I decided I didn't need two tractors, so I sold it to my neighbor across the street. I sort of wished I hadn't because it's nice to have a backup mower when your primary one craps out (last summer I did a high speed touch control rebuild on the Loboy whilst the grass grew and almost got away from me). Anyway, last weekend I'm surfing Craigslist and lo and behold there's the 108 for sale. Funny world we live in, I'm looking at a worldwide website and I see my neighbor's tractor for sale. Long story short, I bought it back. He said you had to keep the choke out to run it, though. I got it home, and I don't believe he'd done a thing to it since he bought it. Same air filter, plug, that I'd put in (I'm pretty sure). But all I had to do was adjust the carb and it was running fine without choke, but I put in a new plug, air filter, and changed the oil just cause it made me feel better. Mowed the front lawn with it today and it did a great job. It didn't hurt that my neighbor had installed new blades, front tires, and battery either. Not to mention the fact that I'd sold it to him for $650 and bought it back for $500. Including the blue ribbon service manual.

Nice to have it back.
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jeff in Pa
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18092
eBay ID: jrd77vet
Tractors Owned: Cub Cadet 122
Cub Cadet 125

Re: Boomerang 108

Postby Jeff in Pa » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:37 pm

Good to hear it's back home. Most times if something leaves the nest, all that is left are memories.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:58 pm

Jeff:

You have talked about that 108 a few times. I am glad you got it back and it is in a loving home. Hmmm seems you done did a good deal on it too :D Now the important question... where are they :?: :?:

See ya soon :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:45 pm

Rudi,

You are correct, and I am remiss in not posting pics. So I've run up back and taken a few...here they are. I thought it cleaned up pretty good. And I have no idea why these won't show up, and I'm too tired to figure it out tonight....

http://photos.cubfest.com/displayimage. ... 0212&pos=0
http://photos.cubfest.com/displayimage. ... =739&pos=7
http://photos.cubfest.com/displayimage. ... =739&pos=7
Kubota BX 1860

Jeff in Pa
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18092
eBay ID: jrd77vet
Tractors Owned: Cub Cadet 122
Cub Cadet 125

Postby Jeff in Pa » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:30 pm

Jeff M wrote:Rudi,

You are correct, and I am remiss in not posting pics. So I've run up back and taken a few...here they are. I thought it cleaned up pretty good. And I have no idea why these won't show up, and I'm too tired to figure it out tonight....

looks good 8)

( I clicked the links, copied "properties" and pasted that in the img brackets )

Jeff

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:19 pm

Jeff:

Yup.. that really cleaned up nicely... :D That is in great shape wow :big smile: Gord has a 108 and he is going to like this one too :D\\

Oh, edit your post and you will see what was done. As Jeff in Pa said.. needed the image url and not the url of the page the image is hosted on.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:16 pm

Rudi, I remembered that Gord had a 108 just about identical to this one. When I saw it I wished I had mine back! I thank you and Jeff for the assistance with the pics, too. :-)
Kubota BX 1860

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:20 pm

Good thinking on looking and buying it back.

This is why i'm on the fence about parting with any of my IH stuff. I may regret it after I sell it. Its great to have back up tractors. I have one of my 108's running and another one waiting to get running. Both of them have creepers too. I purchased both tractors from there orginal owners. My first 108 cost me $150 and its clean like yours. I couldn't get it in the truck fast enough when i purchased it. I got out of there fast. After running it with seafoam and i keep on running it often the blowby is just about gone now. The creeper didn't work because they put in a spirol pin that was to long. This 108 is a back up for my 100 with the tiller if it ever craps out.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Cub Cadet”