This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Need a pic.

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.
Circle of Safety: Y

Need a pic.

Postby Harold R » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:03 pm

Would anybody have a close-up picture of the carb, spring, and governor area on a CC Original. My Dad is trying to piece together this area from spare parts. It has a replacement engine...which is 1 less, or 1 more h.p. than the original.(I forget which) We finally got an original throttle cable, and a replacement governor spring.....but we're not connecting something right. We have an owners manual but the picture there isn't much help. Any help would be appreciated. 8)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Re: Need a pic.

Postby Eugene » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:23 pm

http://www.asberry.net/files/TP-2379.pdf

Section 6, starting around page 6-24 are some photos of the throttle and governor linkage.

You might want to book mark the link since it's the service manuals for the K series Kohler engines.

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Harold R » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:38 pm

Thanks. Those diagrams should be very helpful.

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Harold R » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:06 am

The diagrams helped immensely. It appears that the spring for the governor arm is not a coil type anchored to the engine, but resembles a clothes pin type, and was located between the arm and the governor. It attaches to the arm with a set screw, and the other end appears to attach to a fork in the disk where the throttle cable hooks to. We found this spring unattached to the disk, and was allowing the governor arm to just flop. I reattached the spring to the disk, and it forced the governor arm to the full throttle position. When cranking the engine, it went right to full speed. Dad thinks the spring has been altered. It seems terribly stiff to me. Does it sound like I have it attached correctly? I don't think it should have anywhere near that much tension.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:35 pm

My paper Kohler service manual shows the same diagrams as in the previously posted link.

All I can suggest is to carefully read the full chapter on the governor. Pay particular attention to "Adjustment"; initial adjustment and speed adjustment.

Return to “Cub Cadet”