This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

PTO What Do I need?

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Froghunter
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19938
eBay ID: bull829

PTO What Do I need?

Postby Froghunter » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:29 am

Need help with the front PTO. My question is about the Thrust Button and Wear Button. I placed a new fiber wear button on a steel thrust button and the wear button broke at the hole that the shaft goes into. What do I need to make it work!

Thanks!

Bill
3 x CCO
CC106
CC1450 (Donated to School to use)
CC104
Case 644 Compact Loader
Case/IH 235

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jeff in Pa
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18092
eBay ID: jrd77vet
Tractors Owned: Cub Cadet 122
Cub Cadet 125

Re: PTO What Do I need?

Postby Jeff in Pa » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:00 pm

Bill,
Is the fiber button a tight fit in the metal arm?
Is the fiber button centered over the thrust button on the PTO?

Another option is to used a bronze button instead of the fiber one. Check out ebay item # 280537331837

Jeff

Froghunter
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Froghunter » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:16 pm

Jeff,

Yes the fiber button was a tight fit in the metal arm.

Yes the button was centered over the thrust button, but there is side to side play in the metal arm. I order two of the fiber buttons when I ordered. One for the CC104 and one for the CC106. I'm trying not to have to purchase a new CCC 2554, but I need a mower that is reliable.

Thanks!

Bill
3 x CCO
CC106
CC104
Case 644 Compact Loader
Case/IH 235

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:36 am

The hole for the thrust button is designed to be a tight fit. I still use the fiber ones as they last for years.Before you start to install the button make sure the steel button dosen't have any scratches or nicks that will wear the button down. I champher the end of the button and make sure it is starting in the hole straight and start to tighten the turnbuckle to press it into the hole. I keep tightening and watching as the button goes in till it looks like its tight and then loosen the turnbuckle till you can engage it.Release the the leaver and if the button isn't touching the steel button start the engine and engage and disengage it a few times.release it and stop the engine and adjust the turnbuckle using a business card or matchbook cover for clearance and tighten the locking nut on the turn buckle. Use it a couple of days and recheck the clearance and reset if necessary.

Froghunter: Give me a call and I will give you some ideas on the Governor, timing and carb settings. MY phone number is on My E-mails.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Froghunter
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Froghunter » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:11 am

Thanks guys......I had the wear button arm from the 106 on it. The one from the 104 is different. So far it's working, mowed just under 2 acres yesterday and will finish the rest today.

William I will be calling you Tueday morning around 10 AM. The tractor is starting to settling in. I have ran it on and off, but needed to get it relibile. I'm Getting it there.
3 x CCO
CC106
CC104
Case 644 Compact Loader
Case/IH 235

Return to “Cub Cadet”