This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Sprucin' up a 1951 Farmall M

Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450 & 560 Tractors, 1939-1963
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Sprucin' up a 1951 Farmall M

Postby Stanton » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:11 am

Just read down thru your post on the restoration of your M. What a fine job you did!! :applause:

You mentioned not liking to paint; did I miss it in the thread, or didn't you do your own painting? Whoever did it, they did a fantastic job! Top quality! :D :{_}: :D
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dusti Snider
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24739
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall "M" - Restored
1949 Farmall Cub - Original "Blue Ribbon Reconditioned"
1953 Farmall Super AI
1934 Farmall F-12
1929 Farmall Regular
1956 Ford 640
1972 Ford 4000

Postby Dusti Snider » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:43 am

Yes Stanton I done my own painting...

It's certainly not flawless and I wish it were better. I'm learning the hardway...pretty much self taught. I just keep reminding myself it is an ol' farm tractor after all, not a sports car...and I'll take my ol' farm tractor over a sports car anyday...

Thanks for all the compliments...it really is humbling...

Member IHCC Chapter 37 & 42 - North Carolina

Joe Howard
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Joe Howard » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:55 am

That restoration on '51 M is dynamite.......there is a '50 M under restoration in my garage, belonging to a college professor friend of mine. He bought it near the Alabama-Mississippi state line about 30 miles or so above Mobile. Everything from the drawbar forward to the bell housing is done; we're now in the process of doing the engine and front bolster. This has been a complete restoration, all bearings, seals, gaskets, etc, all components dismantled and sandblasted and then primed and painted. We've been at it about 3 years give or take; and should wrap it up (hopefully) later this year or early next. We'll post pics at the coming out party. In add'n, we're restoring a '48 Cub (mine) which should (God willing) be finished about the same time. For the most part we start about nine or so on a weekend morning and work until we're tired, then a cocktail hour while the BBQ is taking place, then a BS session until 9 or 10 PM; those projects garnering a good bit of interest from the neighborhood dirtbags (like us) that enjoy a bit of fun. I keep asking the Doc if we're doing the right thing.......spending time with greasy old iron given that we have an undefined but certainly finite number of heartbeats left; he assures me that, unlike golf, at the end of the day we're going to have something to show for our committment of time and effort. We'll keep ya posted, I have never been on this forum subtopic before. JH
-DO NOT OVERLOAD-

Return to “Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450, & 560”