This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

BTW; my cats killed something?????

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

BTW; my cats killed something?????

Postby BigBill » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:21 pm

Its bigger than a squirrel and brown. Were thinking its a muskrat??? The head looked like a small beaver. These three kittens are the best investment i have ever made so far. There killing everything that walks except humans/dogs. Like crows, snakes, mice,moles,chipmunks,birds(which i hate to see them do) and now a muskrat too.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Re: BTW; my cats killed something?????

Postby beaconlight » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:49 pm

good cats.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:44 am

We had a neighborhood cat that would make the rounds of the local houses (rural farming area, and would dig out moles, etc. I used to give it a treat or a little bit of food, because I wanted to keep it coming around, but also wanted it to stay hungry enough to hunt for meals. A neighbor decided to start feeding it regular, and now all it does is lay around his place waiting to be fed. Doesn't even bother to catch mice anymore.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby grumpy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:02 am

My wife overfeeds our outside cats but they still leave "presents" on the porch steps just about every day. Squirrels, chipmonks, mice, moles, 1 ground hog and even a weasel. Sometimes its just parts but I still have to get rid of em. Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

daddydip
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19320
eBay ID: 2001fltri
Tractors Owned: CC108
1948 farmall f cub
1955 farmall f cub
1955 international lo boy
1952 vai case
2005 236B Caterpillar
1999 TDI Jetta MK IV I like!
2008 H.D FLTRI

Postby daddydip » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:10 am

I love my cat, "pussy" stays in the barn and hunts every day, the ferral cats stay in the barn with her in the winter and i feed them all. I lighten up on the feed during the summer and she hunts.She's spayed and get's all her shot's regularly.
One Life , One Love , A Love Supreme

The only thing new is untold history, Harry Truman

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:29 pm

All 5 of my cats are hunters. But the 3 brothers who were feral but now tamed a little accepted me as there family and i actually have them sort of trained now. They come when i whistle a certain way. They know my voice when i ask them if they want to come in or go out. They will run from the other side of the yard to come in when i call them. Its good because i saved one from the fox when i called it to come in. I seen the fox enter the bottoms at the sametime one of my feral cats was just comming out of there. I whistled and he turned on the after burners so i figured he seen the fox too. The night time here is when things go crazy sometimes with animals. My cats are on the roof of the house or the tool shed up high were there safe so far. We also have a fisher in the area too but we haven't seen it yet. I know when something is around because there ears and heads are going 360 degrees looking and listening for something. My yellow lab puppy is looking up the ridge at night too and growling now. Right now every predator has been seen here too.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:20 pm

Well sometimes your the windshield and sometimes your the bug.....

The yotes came thru tonight a hoopin and a howling and i only have 4 cats accounted for. I need to get some of that quiet CCI 22 CB ammo next. I'm rippin i lost my favorite buddy.

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby grumpy » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:04 pm

Sorry to hear that BigBill. Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:45 pm

I got really lucky he showed up after 12+ hours he was really late to eat. I heard something screaming when the yotes were howling so i know they got something.

I have 1 lonely yote thats either rabbit or has the mange thats comes around all day long now looking to eat. This is bad.

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby grumpy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:11 pm

Glad to hear hes back. Musta got spooked pretty good. Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:23 pm

He was spooked good. I don't trim my cats claws because they go outside and climb when attacked/chased so they need there sharp claws. I've seen teeth marks in one of them before. There really scrappy strong little guys. But the pac of yotes got something maybe the big rabbit thats in my yard that i also feed.

I don't know what this other animal is wether its a yote or a fox that has the mange or is rabbid it comes by all day long. But by the time i get ready to shoot its long gone. (by the time i get the gun and bullets loaded.) All my neighbors have seen it too. One thinks its a rabbit. Its no rabbit its a sick yote/fox. I went out with the car trying to hit it when my son said its in the road. No luck yet.

The only difference between my place in VT & Ct is the elevation we got the critters/predators at both places.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”