This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Original headlights

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Original headlights

Postby Jack Donovan » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:48 pm

I recently bout an old original, Not running. Well after some time I have it running and ready for new paint almost,LOL
Anyway,I noticed on the grill housing, The Cast part, One hole drilled and taped on each side. I was thinking they were for headlights, It has a HL pull switch. But after searching Epay, I see all the lights have 2bolt holes in the brackets. What do you guys think these holes are for? :?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Original headlights

Postby Paul B » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:46 pm

Nothing that IH built or sold that I am aware of, but unless you know the history of the tractor, there is no way of knowing what a PO might have done or added over the years.

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:08 pm

They were most likely a set of lights that had threads to mount and the switch most likely isn't IH.

If you E-mail me at wdeturck@gmail.com I will send you a copy of the light installation which has the IH switch number on it. The lights on the Original were only used on some IH combines so you may run across white, yellow and red that are correct
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:03 pm

I agree w/you guy's. I just thought that by some chance there were lights that I didn't know about such as the full size cub.
That's what it looks like that was in there. Thanks all

Return to “Cub Cadet”