This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Super A touch control problems

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Olred
10+ Years
10+ Years

Super A touch control problems

Postby Olred » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:56 pm

well first off thanks to everyone that chimed in on my Alternator thread, its running again. but now my hydrolics are not working. i checked the fluid in the unit and i did not see any fluid so i added fluid till it was level with the fill hold........do i have a vapor lock on the system? both levers will not move at all. if this is the case how can i bleed the system?

also a little super a trivia

which pull button on the oil pan is the proper to check oil level? :wink:
1949 Cub "The Anti-Christ"
1948 Cub "Trailer Queen"
1966 Cub "Ol Yeller"
1948 Cub "Rusty"
1953 Super A
1950 John Deere MT
1941 John Deere B
1944 John Deere B
1948 John Deere B
1942 Case VAI
1974 Ford 3000

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Super A touch control problems

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:49 am

Easy part first, the pull buttons are actually petcocks that you turn. left opens, right closes. The bottom one is minimum level, and top is max, oil level should be between them.

As to Touch control, did you have it apart or off the tractor. The hand levers normally move easily. Is this the first time you have tried it?
Here is a link to the touch Control manual. It covers the cub, Super A, and C.
http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Blue%2 ... index.html

If you are referring to the rockshaft levers not moving, leave the fill cap loose and move the control levers forward and backward several times with the engine running, that normally removes any air. May need to remove the top plug (Allen head) where the lines attach to the block to let air out of system and check for oil flow. That plug is normally VERY tight. If you have not had it apart, and have not seen any signs of leak from the touch control, the seal/O ring on the pump is probably leaking the hydraulic fluid into the crankcase, and needs replaced. the job is similar to doing it on a cub, but does require different parts.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Olred
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Olred » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:53 am

well, when i went down to look at the tractor while on my lunch break, there was a big puddle of Hytran on the ground :( i looked in the fill hole on the touch control unit and i did not see any fluid but the puddle was not under that part of the tractor, instead it dripped out of the hole in front of the transmission as well as the right side final drive(under the seat) where it bolts to the trans..........i had filled up the transmission lastnight as well.............and now it looks empty :censored: im guessing the seal has gone out in the front of the trans as well as the side of the transmission case?
1949 Cub "The Anti-Christ"
1948 Cub "Trailer Queen"
1966 Cub "Ol Yeller"
1948 Cub "Rusty"
1953 Super A
1950 John Deere MT
1941 John Deere B
1944 John Deere B
1948 John Deere B
1942 Case VAI
1974 Ford 3000

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:01 pm

Make sure you did not over-fill the transmission. I don't know what the capacity of a super A is offhand but I would almost bet it is over full.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”