This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Wet weather in Michigan's eastern UP (lots of pict's)

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Wet weather in Michigan's eastern UP (lots of pict's)

Postby cowboy » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:30 am

Sept 2nd 2010 we got hit with over 6" of rain at the farm. Us hillbilly's were fine on the hill but the lowlanders had some water to deal with!!! With all the gravel and drainage I had I did not realise how much water we got until I went down to my cousin's on the creek. The creek is usually six to eight feet wide but it was a little more than that then.

A half mile downhill due east of us at Cousin Dave's.

A mile north from Dave's at my Uncle Dennis's.

Some of the fields at Uncle Dennis's

Sometimes the kid comes out in me. Ok well a lot of the time. I got out wound up the fourwheeler and did some hydroplaning!

Our bridge between Dave's and Uncle Dennis's was flooded out bad it was under at least four feet of water and a strong cross current. We had to drive the roads around going over three miles in what was usually a mile.

My friend said its been 20+ years since we have had that much rain so fast but we all made out alright!

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Re: Wet weather in Michigan's eastern UP (lots of pict's)

Postby beaconlight » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:31 am

Bill as they say water and other stuff run down hill. Looks good.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Re: Wet weather in Michigan's eastern UP (lots of pict's)

Postby cowboy » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:15 am

Thanks Bill

It sure is nice that we we able to get so much done this year.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”