This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How Sweet It Is

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

How Sweet It Is

Postby cowboy » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:09 pm

:{_}: :{_}: This is your Sucess too Because you Were There Helping Me

:{_}: It's Alive yea started up today :!: :!: :{_}: :{_}: Oh What A Feeling

It was suposed to rain here last night so I was in a hurry yesterday to Git-R Done bolted the carb on didn't change the points it ran last year Right :!: Bout ran the battery dead gas running out the carb, No spark.

Me and carbs do not get along but I did it with your help. No wonder the carb was not happy I would not be happy warped like that but Carl was there with help. Oh no the wind was blowing and while I was straiting out the carb the package with the shaft seals blew away and it took me all day to find it (well 1.5 hrs).

If you only have one problem you have a problem :!: So while this slow dial up was downloading what I needed to fix the carb. I did the points and condenser :!: Oh Boy. Could not get the hold down screw back in the condenser. Said to my self, self I'll just pull the distributer. After all the distributer is In or 180 out Right :?: Not :!:

Well to make a short story long at 7:10 she fired up afrer a half turn and I MOWED 3/4 of an acre for my neighbor that had not been mowed at all last year :!: Has more power No blow by and even has oil pressure at an idle warm now. AND I AN TICKLED PINK :{_}:

A big Thanks to BigDog, Rudi, GW, Jim B, Bill, and every one that was there and encouraged me.

8) :P Billy

P.S. why is it when the paint is faded and rust is braking out it never gets dirty but when it is painted (even with a rattle can) It gets dirty after a minute :?:
Last edited by cowboy on Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:12 pm

Congrats Cowboy! Doesn't it feel good?
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:37 pm

Good feeling ain't it Billy :?: Good job :!: :!: :!: 8)

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:39 pm

Cowboy,

What all did you do to the Cub?

Mowing season is just about here too at my place! Which mower is on the Cub? Pics?

Glad to hear another one is saved!! :{_}:

:mrgreen: I am green with envy that yours has no blow-by! :mrgreen:

Marion

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

7.10 ans all's well!

Postby Patbretagne » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:02 am

Well done Cowboy, but oh isn't it a drag that patience is a virtue! Even if it pays in the end!

Best Wishes Patrick

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:58 am

Thanks ya-all :lol:

Well it started looking in the radiator. It was bubbling inside so I knew the head gasket was blown. Called the IH dealer on and he had the head gasket in stock so I thought I could change it in a day :!: Barely got the head off without braking the bolts. When I did I knew the valves needed to be lapped. Their are a lot of way to do this but I took a 5/8" fly (woodcutting) bit ground off the center pilot ground off the edges a little so it fit into the pockets on the valve and spun it with a drill a 1/2" bit might go right in but I didn't have one. Natrally I found a real hand lapper (the one that looks like a hand drill) a month later in my grandma's shed. It was burning some oil and had a lot of blowby thought maby I had a broken ring so I pulled the pistons. End gap on the rings should be .007 to .017 mine were .045 to .063. Got a std set of rings and it was .022 to .034 so I took them back got a set of +.020 and cut them down by hand to .010. Changed the rod and main bearings when it was warm it had no oil pressure at a idle now it has reads one notch on the stock gage. Changed the front pulley the one on it had been broken and welded up. Got the radiator recored. I had to let it cool down for a minute or five if it stalled out before the starter would turn it over. I pulled it apart it looked like it had been rebuilt new bendex. I cleaned and sanded the communtater found where a wire to a brush had been pinched when it was put together and was shorted out and fixed it. Last nite it was pretty dark when I was mowing hit a big anthill stalled out. She fired right up and spinning over faster then when it was cold before. Straitened up the tin sanded it down and did a rattle can paint job. Repaired a host of little P.O. "FIXES"

All winter I would read posts run out to the garage and look at mine to see if it was set up right or if need to fix somthing else.

I am running a woods 42c on her and even though the rings are not run in yet I would say I have a 1/3 more power. I bought a set of 189 plows and sickle bar mower for $207 and when I picked it up he threw in rear wheel weights. And I am really looking forward to plowing up a acre of my horse pasture. My uncle just offered to let me use a 265 massey with a three bottom plow for a few years and I told him to keep it I was all set :!:
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:40 am

:lol: My neighbor just stopped my to thank me for cutting his field yesterday. Said I was out there cutting with a big ole :lol: on my face. Couldn't belive I stayed out after it was dark :!: I think it might be a good :idea: to get the lights working next.

Charles (49) Mo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63031

Aren't Cubs great

Postby Charles (49) Mo » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:26 pm

Big pat on your back for what you have done. Always feels real good when something you completed turns out nice...

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:48 pm

Great deal Cowboy. Hey with a name likke Billy how could you go wrong?

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck

Postby Carm » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:48 pm

Horray! I ts is a nice feeling isn't it!!!! :D :D

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:56 pm

Billy:

Sorry for takin so long to reply....

However, I am really glad that you have her running the way you want her to :!: :D Sure is a nice feelin ain't it :?: :lol:

You did all the work, just glad that you kept us up to date on what was happening. That way we got to enjoy it without getting our fingers too greasy.... :roll: :lol:

I went down to the shop the other day. Had a minute while I was waiting on my father-in-law. Put the key in Ellie, made sure she was in neutral, pulled the choke, turned on the gas and pulled the starter. Three turns and whoooomph.. off she went... purred like a kitten. Sweetest sound I had heard in a while. Been a long time since she last started at the beginning of November..
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:12 pm

Congratulations! Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:03 pm

8) I'm happy

Need to get my brother out with a o2 sensor and set the carb. Find a timing light and time it.

The one thing I miss most from when me and my brothers were living at dads is all the tools we had. In a two car garage we had a bridgeport, tooling, lathe, surface grinder, tig, mig, sunn machine with gas anlizer. As we all moved out everyone took their stuff and we live too far apart to use each others equ.

Don't worry I will have more questions I'm still learning. Next project is geting the rock shaft and rod on. and setting up the plows.

I'll try to get my sister to take some pictures for me so I can post them.

Billy

Return to “Farmall Cub”