This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Gallery Size

How do I.... ?
Bill E Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74070
Circle of Safety: Y

Gallery Size

Postby Bill E Bob » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:56 pm

While uploading pics to my gallery the other day, I got a file size exceeded warning. After deleting pics I felt wouldn't be critical to posts or How To's, I managed to open the file enough to upload the pics. Is this something that is normally dealt with by deletions, or can one initiate a new gallery/album?

Thank You

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Gallery Size

Postby Rudi » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:43 pm

Bill:

You should pm Lil Dog to see if a second account is possible. However, you could delete the other pics I guess. I will reload them on the manual server and host them from there which will give you more room. Just need to confirm how many articles you have .. 3 I think..

How To Rebuild a Belt Pulley Attachment
How To Rebuild A Cub Transmission
Plastigauge What it is--How to use it

What I usually ask for is that the author email me the original unresized jpegs and I will archive them. That way if the format changes at any point, I can resize without losing quality. So if you could email me the pics for all 3 articles, I will get them uploaded to the server.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Bill E Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bill E Bob » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:39 pm

Rudi wrote:Bill:

You should pm Lil Dog to see if a second account is possible. However, you could delete the other pics I guess. I will reload them on the manual server and host them from there which will give you more room. Just need to confirm how many articles you have .. 3 I think..

How To Rebuild a Belt Pulley Attachment
How To Rebuild A Cub Transmission
Plastigauge What it is--How to use it

What I usually ask for is that the author email me the original unresized jpegs and I will archive them. That way if the format changes at any point, I can resize without losing quality. So if you could email me the pics for all 3 articles, I will get them uploaded to the server.

Yeah, Rudi, I was selective in what I deleted. I'll get those pics emailed in the next week or two. BTW, also How to on final drives.
Bill

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:43 pm

When you delete pictures you also affect any other thread where you may have posted pix, not just the how to. Doing so may leave a thread confusing if some one were to go back to it.

My opinion is to contact John as Rudi suggests. He will help you out.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Bill E Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bill E Bob » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:51 pm

Barnyard wrote:When you delete pictures you also affect any other thread where you may have posted pix, not just the how to. Doing so may leave a thread confusing if some one were to go back to it.

Yeah, that's why I puckered a bit when deleting pics--so I deleted the "look where I'm at" on my tractor rehabs.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:08 am

Barnyard wrote:When you delete pictures you also affect any other thread where you may have posted pix, not just the how to. Doing so may leave a thread confusing if some one were to go back to it.

The fix for that however especially if space is at a premium is to let me know which threads are affected as they surface and I can edit in the new url... a little slower but achieves the same result. I guess I should be a note in the CBoK on that subject.....
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:44 am

Rudi wrote:

The fix for that however especially if space is at a premium is to let me know which threads are affected as they surface and I can edit in the new url... a little slower but achieves the same result. I guess I should be a note in the CBoK on that subject.....

The trick is to know which pix you are deleting to make sure you are not affecting a thread. There is no sense deleting them and then adding them again if the url has to be edited. Just leave them alone and delete unneeded ones for the room. If every photo in the album is needed for a thread then you don't want to delete any. That is when additional space is needed.

By leaving them on the photohost they will always be available. That is why I try to use that site instead of hosting them on mine or another when feasible. If I ever decided to close my site a lot of photos on the forum would be gone. I wouldn't want that to happen.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Bill E Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bill E Bob » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:31 pm

Well, I did go in and create another album, maybe that will provide some more space :?:

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:34 pm

Bill - I sent you a PM.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”