This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

UPDATED PICTURES---Kub-Klipper Mower

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

UPDATED PICTURES---Kub-Klipper Mower

Postby Dan England » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:05 pm

In an earlier thread, I discussed restoration of a Kub-Klipper belly mower. It has a unique system of suspension from the tractor, differing from that of other brands which I have seen. A yoke from the front margin of the mower attaches to the opening where the tool bars for the front cultivators go. A second yoke straddles the pulley of the mower and attaches to the front rockshaft. At the rear margin of the mower a pair of bars attach to a cross member between the final drives. The yoke to the rockshaft is a fixed attachment and the mower is suspended by this. In contrast, the front and rear most attachments are not fixed as the mower can float up or down at these points. Pictures 1 and 2 give good views of the middle yoke attached to the rockshaft. The front yoke can be seen in # l, 2 and 5. The left member of the paired rear attachments can be seen as an upright bar on the extreme right side of picture 4. Another feature allows one to quickly and easily adjust belt tension. Picture 6 shows a rear view of this mechanism. Turning the handle in a clockwise rotation increases belt tension. Turning the opposite direction loosens the belt. Try this http://community.webshots.com/user/dengland71770
Last edited by Dan England on Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:22 am

Hey Dan...That's a GREAT explanation :D ...and an even BETTER restoration job on your original Kub Klipper mower :wink: ! It's nice to see another restored Cub with the Master Control Lever system rather than hydraulics :wink: ! GREAT JOB Dan 8) !!!
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Dan England » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:25 am

Thanks, Country. I have a complete hydraulic unit which I removed from my parts tractor and which I considered putting on this one but decided not to do so. The previous owner told me that he added a starter as it was hand crank only. Otherwise, it is not modified, no lights, no generator. A fully charged battery lasts a couple of months before recharging. Now, if I could just get the pictures working. Can anyone offer help? Dan

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:48 am

Dan, Yahoo severely limits the number of hits it allows for a given time period. When you post a link to your site, the number of hits spikes and they shut your page down. This is their way to get you to pay for more bandwidth instead of using the limited free bandwidth. After the waiting period, (1 hour) your pictures will be available again until enough hits occur and they shut you down again.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Mac from NS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mac from NS » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:56 am

I tried a few times early this morning and late last night
and still couldn't get in.
Take a little time to play,you don't grow old as fast that way.

Mac

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Dan England » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:03 am

Mac: I tried it about 5:00 this morning and couldn't get the pictures. I tried again about 5:20 and they were visible. Dan

Mac from NS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mac from NS » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:05 am

O.K. I'll keep trying, thanks

Mac

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:26 am

Dan, you might try posting your pictures on a site like picturetrail or photobucket. They have free posting and bandwidth does not seem to be an issue with them.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Dan England » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:45 am

This is my first time to try posting pictures, aided by my granddaughter. The site we are using has too much down time. We will try to switch them to a different and more reliable site but this will be later today when a member of the younger generation is available to help me. Too bad I don't have a recent kindergarten graduate living nearby. They could solve this problem in nothing flat. Dan

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Dan England » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:00 pm

The picture site has been updated. You should be able to access the pictures now and, if you select "view full size" see very good detail. Dan

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:24 pm

Dan, Pictures look great! (9:20 pm ) Your mower looks exactly like the one I have in my Dad's barn, as best I remember. I will try to get some pictures and compare to yours. Dosen't look as good as yours!

Kodiak
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Mac from NS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mac from NS » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:42 pm

Dan I got in to see your pictures.I pulled those pictures up so close
I could have checked your oil. That is a nice looking unit. What size
blade does the mower have and what kind of job does it do?

Mac

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Dan England » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:18 pm

Mac: I used the mower for the first time last week and was pleased with the way it cut. I may discover problems as I continue to use it but at this point I am happy with the way it performs. I really had a lot of difficulty in putting it together for there were so many separate pieces when I got it. But now that I have it together, I believe that it will be simple to install. It seems to be solid and well constructed. I drive the front wheels up and over the deck to get the mower in proper position to hook up to the tractor. I will have to check to be sure, but I think it has 42 inch cut. Kodiak: I will be interested in seeing pictures of your unit. The one I have is the only one which I have seen but I know that there were several different models. Dan

Return to “Farmall Cub”