This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

125 Wiring

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cef2lion
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16668

125 Wiring

Postby cef2lion » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:07 am

I picked up a 125 off my brother that had been sitting for years. Didn't take much to get it running. It needs a battery which I picked up. The wiring is pretty brittle. I have the wiring diagram. It doesn't look like the wiring was hacked much if at all. In the diagram it shows the red wire going from the solenoid to the one side of the ampmeter. My wire goes right from the battery. There is a wire behind the dash unconnected. It is part of the harness and the end appears red and has an eyelet on it. Up at the regulator there is what appears to be a red wire unconnected with a spade on it. I put an ohm meter on it and the wire behind the dash. No connection. I have found the eleectric lift wire. So I ruled that out. The diagram doesn't seem to show this unknow wire behind the dash and up at the regulator. They might be connected but damaged somewhere in the harness. There are no lights on this 125. The grille is empty.

The negative battery wire to the generator seems small in gauge size. Also the same for the positive off the solenoid to the generator. I bought needs 6 gauge with end for this. If the 125 pans out I might consider rewiring it or buying a harness.

By the way the serial number is 219800. From a chart I saw I think this makes it a later '67. Maybe someone can confirm.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

cef2lion
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: 125 Wiring

Postby cef2lion » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:44 pm

I have been looking at the 125 owner manual which has a wiring digram in it. There is a wire labeled #1 up by the regulator and dash. It is listed as a headlight feed. The wire I found could be that wire used if there were headlights. I'm missing the grille screen and headlight panel. There is no headlight switch were it would be so I assume the wire was just part of the harness should lights ever be added.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:01 pm

It could be, hard to say without seeing it. You say the wiring harness is pretty brittle, which is common for the series, I would replace the wiring harness with a new one, and solve some problems. There are some good aftermarket harness' available, one that comes to mind is from Mike Lamar, rustypete@integrity.com , and it has all the terminals labeled as to where they go. They are made just like the originals were as to wire color, terminal ends and wire braid. I think one for your 125 is $65 but you need to check with him to be sure.

cef2lion
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cef2lion » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:36 am

Thanks for the information.

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby SundaySailor » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:22 am

Paul B wrote:It could be, hard to say without seeing it. You say the wiring harness is pretty brittle, which is common for the series, I would replace the wiring harness with a new one, and solve some problems. There are some good aftermarket harness' available, one that comes to mind is from Mike Lamar, rustypete@integrity.com , and it has all the terminals labeled as to where they go. They are made just like the originals were as to wire color, terminal ends and wire braid. I think one for your 125 is $65 but you need to check with him to be sure.

I second this recommendation. I ordered a wiring harness from Mike Lamar for my 1200 Cub Cadet. Very good quality, sent ASAP too. I removed one wire at a time and then replaced it with the corresponding wire from Mike Lamar. I've had zero problems with my new wiring. Even my neighbors comment on how quickly my 1200 fires up once I hit the key switch. :{_}: :{_}: :{_}:
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

cef2lion
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cef2lion » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:34 pm

I got a harness from Mike. Correct. Very fast ship. each wire is marked and a diagram is included. I ordered a new IGN switch at the same time. I have the harness in place and things are working much better.

I would like to find a headlight insert next.

Craig

Return to “Cub Cadet”