This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

FARMALL M 3PT HYDRAULICS

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Gene Chestnutt
10+ Years
10+ Years

FARMALL M 3PT HYDRAULICS

Postby Gene Chestnutt » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:44 pm

A STATE OF CONFUSION. I bought a 49 Farmall M last summer. Tractor was straight and got it running with little problem. Recently, I was given a Saginaw 3pt minus the cylinders. I have mounted it on the tractor and checked the LIFTALL (working fine). Live hydraulics are not an option right now. WHAT is the best way to connect the 3pt to the LIFTALL fittings on the left and right side of the tractor to get the best use from the 3pt? Can downward pressure be generated on the hitch without adding a live hydraulic pump system? Thanks in advance.
Gene Chestnutt

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:42 am

Gene,

GIVEN a Saginaw!!! Wow!!! I have one on my (Marilyn's) '51 M, but mine has live hydraulics. Mine would have down pressure if the pins were in place.

I assume you've found suitable cylinders?

I can get close-up pictures if you think they would help.

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:51 am

Gene- I have a saginaw on my H and it was operated with the lift-all prior to me putting live hydraulics on. I have everything you need to make it work. Hoses, valves and all. I didn't have the down pressure but I had bought the valve for it and it is brandy new. Also I have the flow control so when you want to lower a heavy load gently you can tweak it down. I'll dig it up this weekend and take pics. That is the best 3pt mod on the market and I've used my with 100% satisfaction for several yrs now.Bill 740-407-6589

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:00 am

Gene- Here is a pic.
Image[/url]

I now have a power top link in place, pure heaven.

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:03 am

I just found another better pic.

Gene Chestnutt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Gene Chestnutt » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:07 pm

George, Bill--thanks for the response. Photos are always worth a thousand words and are appreciated. The lady who gave me the Saginaw was more interested in clearing all the "junk" off her property than what she had. Think she had plans for a new subdivision and lots of $$$$$$. Lots of old implements and some junk that had belonged to the previous owner of the property. Bill, if you want to sell those items to hook the hitch up using the Liftall--difinitely in the market. Going to East Texas this weekend to get a few parts from Sam Adams but should be back Monday. Will try contact you by phone. Any photos you can provide-always a big help. Thanks.
Gene Chestnutt

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:53 pm

Gene- I'll try my darndest to get pick to get ya a pic of the actual items I have. I just checked in the garage and I do have the hoses, adjustable valve and another valve I was going to use to make it 2-way before I went with Live. I didn't have mine 2-way until the live pump was put on. So I'll have what you need to make it work 1-way right out of the box ( plug and play) and you will need more hoses for the 2-way later on. The lift-all is fine but without this one special valve I'll send with the kit you can't lower a heavy load gently. The best pressure your pump will put out is 800psi unless machine some clearances down in the pump. With 2 cylinders you will still lift anything you want. MY H has lifted a small skidsteer very easily with a set of 3pt forks.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”