This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hello from Bremen, GA

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
PantherCreekFarms
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30110
eBay ID: WorldofAC
Skype Name: ChrisMChristian
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub with Touch Control

Hello from Bremen, GA

Postby PantherCreekFarms » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:50 am

As a boy I grew up with my grandpa (papa), who owned a 1951 Farmall Cub to farm a small farm in Harpursville, NY. He could never crank her up with out me yelling and running to be on his lap. Most pictures you will find of me in my early years were on papa's lap on the old cub.

That very tractor is still in the family and being used. The plan is that I will get his old tractor in the next several years. So in the meantime, I acquired a 1951 Farmall Cub with Touch Control and have begun doing a restoration to get practice for when I get my papa's old Cub; at which time I will do a complete restoration on it (using this one as practice). I have restored 2 other tractors (1948 Ford 8n and a 1971 Ford 2000 Industrial), with the 8N being a complete restoration.

Currently, I own a 60 acre horse farm on the west side of Atlanta, GA. This Cub has a 42" Woods belly mower, rear wheel weights and ALL original tin and iron. It even has raised metal emblems on the side hood and front (though every photo I have seen online show stickers on the sides?) I plan to use this Cub to bush hog around the fence line (hopefully easier than my much bigger primary tractor, John Deere can). I also want to skid logs out of the back woods with it for usage by my saw mill and/or log splitter (I sell lumber and firewood to suppliment). In the spring I want o plow up about an acre for my garden (looking for single plow ;-)

So, I love old iron and tractors in general. Hearing the old Farmall Cub has really brought back some memories I had forgotten. I'm looking forward to restoring my first IH Farmall!
Chris M. ChristianOwner Panther Creek Farms, Bremen, GA
1951 Farmall Cub with Touch Control
"Deja-moo, The feeling you've heard this bull before"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

brichter
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32449
eBay ID: Kinardhippy
Skype Name: Billy.Ray.Richter
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Hello from Bremen, GA

Postby brichter » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:12 am

Hello Chris:

Welcome to the forum. You have some great neighbors up in your area. Kodiak, Corky, Phil, and a lot of others. Let me be the first to invite you to come down to Sneads, FL in Feb. and meet a bunch of forum members at the Deep South Cubfest. We'd like to see you there.
If you're gonna dream or steal, do it BIG

The best things in life aren't things.
1951 Cub
1963 Corvair
lots more junk

dirtyred
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 31648
Tractors Owned: 1949 farmall cub (tinkerbell) 1949 allis chalmers(ole bess) 1949-50 ?john deere model a

Postby dirtyred » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:20 pm

welcome from south ga :D
He that tilleth his land shall be satisfied with bread: Proverbs 12:11

Rick Spivey
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 29518

Postby Rick Spivey » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:38 pm

Welcome from western South Carolina. Be sure and watch for a minifest at Kodiak's. Also mark down the first weekend in October for his Stonethrow Cubfest.
Rick Spivey
'52 Cub ("Great Personality") 148xxx
'48 Cub with FH ("Gunny Cub") 38xxx
'57 Lambretta (a slow work in progress)
'74 Triumph TR6 (Mama's toy)

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460

Postby Mr E » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:51 pm

Welcome to the forum from North Florida, Chris!
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

phildidit
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30114
Tractors Owned: 1951 cub "Ms. Scarlett"
1962 Leora's loboy "Starburst"

Postby phildidit » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:56 pm

welcome from Canton Ga!! hope to see you at a cubfest sometime!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:18 pm

Chris:

Congratulations on acquiring your 1st new to you Cub :!: I didn't realize before on the main forum that this Cub is not your GrandDad's Cub but a precursor to your actually obtaining your GrandDad's Cub. Either way.. having a direct family connection with your Cub or just being fond of them is pretty cool and ends up kinda being addictive. You may find that you adopt a few more along the way :lol:

PantherCreekFarms wrote:This Cub has a 42" Woods belly mower, rear wheel weights and ALL original tin and iron. It even has raised metal emblems on the side hood and front (though every photo I have seen online show stickers on the sides?)

If you check this link out : CubFAQ's #1 you will see the differences in the decals/aluminum/stainless steel over the years.

Rudi wrote:Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server where you will find a bunch of really useful stuff.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

PantherCreekFarms
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30110
eBay ID: WorldofAC
Skype Name: ChrisMChristian
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub with Touch Control

Postby PantherCreekFarms » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:52 am

Rudi wrote:Chris:

Congratulations on acquiring your 1st new to you Cub :!: I didn't realize before on the main forum that this Cub is not your GrandDad's Cub but a precursor to your actually obtaining your GrandDad's Cub. Either way.. having a direct family connection with your Cub or just being fond of them is pretty cool and ends up kinda being addictive. You may find that you adopt a few more along the way :lol:

PantherCreekFarms wrote:This Cub has a 42" Woods belly mower, rear wheel weights and ALL original tin and iron. It even has raised metal emblems on the side hood and front (though every photo I have seen online show stickers on the sides?)

If you check this link out : CubFAQ's #1 you will see the differences in the decals/aluminum/stainless steel over the years.

Rudi wrote:Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server where you will find a bunch of really useful stuff.

Thanks Rudi, I had read that, but couldn't verify, because the photo's wouldn't enlarge. But it is looking like my 1951 (serial number 138xxxx) has a 58-63 grill and hood. This tin is in perfect shape, but now it looks like that's because it's been replaced at some point. However, the S/N tag is pretty rough itself, I could be mis reading it? Anyway, I will post some pics of my hood, I REALLY like the raised metal McCormick Farmall side decals and raised metal IH emblem on the front :-) I just think it looks better than the stickers that most seem to have. But if it's not original to this tractor year, then I guess I will just "live" with it.
Chris M. ChristianOwner Panther Creek Farms, Bremen, GA
1951 Farmall Cub with Touch Control
"Deja-moo, The feeling you've heard this bull before"

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081

Postby danovercash » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:16 am

Check some of the casting codes to get an idea if you are right on the serial number. They are on the cast pieces and have two numbers and a letter. First numbers are month and day, letter is year. BTW, I like that grill and hood too, also '54-'58 sheetmetal and the black/blue stripe on Y/W cubs.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

ellen
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ellen » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:01 pm

Woo Hoo :{_}: Another Georgia Cubber.. :-:-):

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:38 am

Welcome to the forum Chris. Hope to meet you at Deep South Cub-fest next February.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Corky's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30607
Tractors Owned: Just One:
1957 Farmall Cub
"Corky"s Cub"

Postby Corky's Cub » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:57 pm

Hello Chris,

Welcome to the forum! I just came across your introduction post from early November, (sorry...haven't been online lately as much as usual!), and enjoyed reading your progress on your "practice tractor" as you prepare for a later rebuild your grandfather's Cub--great idea!

I see below that you're looking for a single plow. I've got one up here in Athens that I'll never use, so let me know if you're interested and we'll exchange private messages. Here's a few pictures...it needs a coulter wheel, which I think others on the forum may be able to supply:

Good luck with your Cub(s)...even if you have only one right now, these things have a tendency to multiply!

Corky

PantherCreekFarms wrote:As a boy I grew up with my grandpa (papa), who owned a 1951 Farmall Cub to farm a small farm in Harpursville, NY. He could never crank her up with out me yelling and running to be on his lap. Most pictures you will find of me in my early years were on papa's lap on the old cub.

That very tractor is still in the family and being used. The plan is that I will get his old tractor in the next several years. So in the meantime, I acquired a 1951 Farmall Cub with Touch Control and have begun doing a restoration to get practice for when I get my papa's old Cub; at which time I will do a complete restoration on it (using this one as practice). I have restored 2 other tractors (1948 Ford 8n and a 1971 Ford 2000 Industrial), with the 8N being a complete restoration.

Currently, I own a 60 acre horse farm on the west side of Atlanta, GA. This Cub has a 42" Woods belly mower, rear wheel weights and ALL original tin and iron. It even has raised metal emblems on the side hood and front (though every photo I have seen online show stickers on the sides?) I plan to use this Cub to bush hog around the fence line (hopefully easier than my much bigger primary tractor, John Deere can). I also want to skid logs out of the back woods with it for usage by my saw mill and/or log splitter (I sell lumber and firewood to suppliment). In the spring I want o plow up about an acre for my garden (looking for single plow ;-)

So, I love old iron and tractors in general. Hearing the old Farmall Cub has really brought back some memories I had forgotten. I'm looking forward to restoring my first IH Farmall!
I found this old Cub, Forgotten and Forlorn,
With pistons and valves frozen and worn.
Help from my buddies on Farmallcub.com,
And an engine from Ralph, (37’s the one),
Now ole Corky is running and back to life,
Much to the surprise of my dear, dear wife!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”