This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Speaking of paint

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
DanR
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37743
Circle of Safety: Y

Speaking of paint

Postby DanR » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:34 am

About three months ago I painted a tractor with Valspar Restoration, Valspar thinner and hardener. It really came out good and I was quite pleased with the paint and myself. A few days ago I removed the radiator for replacement. I painted the bolster and surrounding areas with IH 2150, IH reducer and PPG hardener. It was shocking to see the difference! The 2150 had much more shine and looked like it was top coated. Now the Valspar job looks like it has been in the sun for a couple years. I'm thinking seriously thinking about repainting the entire tractor. Trish said nobody will notice except you. That comment has made the decision to repaint. No more Valspar in my shop! :-:-):
47 Cub (Glenda)
52 Super A
62 Cub (Genie)
43 H
42 M
In all things know which way the wind is blowing.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Re: Speaking of paint

Postby Buzzard Wing » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:40 am

:D
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

b52c130
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07869

Re: Speaking of paint

Postby b52c130 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:58 pm

Dan,
I have to agree. I have painted quite a few cars and pickup trucks over the years. Two years ago I painted my son's IH 184 and was extremely impressed with the IH 2150 red enamel paint. The 'flow out" is superb and the ability to not sag is impressive. Then when you see how inexpensive it is - it makes it one of the best paint values in town. No hardeners for me, not on a 'work' tractor. They make the paint very durable - but also prone to chipping when you take a bolt out and then put it back in.

I think that everything should be painted IH 2150 Red !!!! - NJDale

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”