This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How do I paste manual sketch in topic

How do I.... ?
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: How do I paste manual sketch in topic

Postby Barnyard » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:14 pm

I just went to the site and copied the properties from the last pic on it and this is what I got (without the quotation marks)

"http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Cub%20Optional%20Equipment%20Manuals/Cub%20RockShaft%20Packages/Rear%20Rockshaft%20Unit%20512%20652%20R92%206-30-48/Page%2004.jpg"

When I put the img tags around it I got this.

I am using IE 7.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:34 pm

How Bill did it is exactly the way it should be done. This will work in IE, Opera, Google Chrome, Safari and most other browsers all but one -- and that would be Mozilla FireFox. For some reason, FireFox is not universally backwardly compatible which is out of sync with the rest of the browser families. FireFox is always difficult as it does not handle punctuation properly. So if you have say an apostrophe in the url you have to substitute ASCII code %27 so that FireFox can understand it.

Also you will notice that absolute url's can get truncated by the newer browser software and that also can cause glitches.

"http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Cub%20 ... e%2004.jpg"

As you can see by comapring the link above with the link below there is a lot of stuff missing. This can lead to http404 errors and other gobbeldegook :roll:

"http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Cub%20Optional%20Equipment%20Manuals/Cub%20RockShaft%20Packages/Rear%20Rockshaft%20Unit%20512%20652%20R92%206-30-48/Page%2004.jpg"

If you take the url in " marks and wrap [img=(url)]Page 04 [/img] tags around it without the quotation marks and bury the url by including an - sign in the opening img tag and Page 04 between the ] [ then the link will remain complete and not truncate. This will allow you to post the page as an active link without the link being broken by the absolute url getting chopped.

Kristina is still working on the new server on an as time is available basis.. (between work, freelancing and appointments) but there is a ungodly amount of data that must migrate over as well as the new stuff that needs to be uploaded. So far we have a bunch of Owner's and Implement Manuals done but not enough to bring it on line. Eventually the new one will get done, but it is just a hobby and life needs do have to come first. :big give up:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460

Postby Mr E » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:34 pm

Barnyard wrote:I just went to the site and copied the properties from the last pic on it and this is what I got (without the quotation marks)

Rudi,
Will all due respect, when I right-click on the image with FF and select "Copy Image Location", it returns the following string:

Don't rightly see how that is much different from Bill's string using IE 7 ??

Please understand, I am not partial to any particular browser. Just trying to understand the nuances here. :?
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:15 pm

Roy:

You are right, the string is the same. Which it really should be considering it is an absolute.

It has been a constant battle for me to figure out the nuances between the browsers. FireFox being the biggest mystery. A lot of things were not handled well in the previous versions. 3.5 and previous. 3.5.11 is now downloading so I gotta play with that one when time is available.

For now, I may have to backtrack on this. If FireFox is now handling punctuation that is a great upgrade and will be welcomed. For at least 2 years now FireFox has not handled a lot of the files on the server very well especially punctuation. This was the whole rationale for the server upgrade in the beginning. Seems that there has been some improvements in FireFox :big say what: Let me ruminate on this.

There is still some burbles.

I just tried Lurker Carl's Cub Carb Fixes. FireFox usually does not handle that link. Seems it does. It now takes me to the index page but does not handle the PPS files well at all. This is what I get when I get to the powerpoint page.

This presentation contains content that your browser may not be able to show properly. This presentation was optimized for more recent versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer.

If you would like to proceed anyway, click here.

Yet if I go to that page in IE 8 I can view the PowerPoint session nicely. Some of the other browsers are having difficulty with it.. the viewers may still have to be used.

I gotta play a while again. Seems I have fallen behind again... too much life not enough time.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

BIGHOSS
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37087
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub S/N 9216
w/ C-22 Mower

1974 Cub S/N 244814
w/59 Woods Mower

Ford 3000 Gas S/N C375091 w/Bushhog QT2345 Loader & 6' Squealer Bushhog
and a Palomino Mare named GIGI

Postby BIGHOSS » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:05 pm

Are Ya'll talking to me.
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway".......John Wayne

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Mr E » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:08 pm

:bellylaugh:

Sorry, Ron. Hope we didn't confuse you. The way Bill showed you should work for you. Let us know.

Roy

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:40 pm

Rudi wrote:How Bill did it is exactly the way it should be done. This will work in IE, Opera, Google Chrome, Safari and most other browsers all but one -- and that would be Mozilla FireFox. For some reason, FireFox is not universally backwardly compatible which is out of sync with the rest of the browser families. FireFox is always difficult as it does not handle punctuation properly. So if you have say an apostrophe in the url you have to substitute ASCII code %27 so that FireFox can understand it.

Rudi,
I know you aren't going to want to hear this from me, because I have been telling you for years and you never wanted to hear it before. However, the problem is not with FireFox. It is with your use of reserved characters in your addresses. Here are quoted sections from the WC3 document on URL syntax. Note that apostrophe is the fourth sub-delim (which makes it reserved). If you would percent-encode all the reserved characters, or better yet NOT USE the reserved characters in your addresses, it wouldn't matter what web browser anyone used.

2.2. Reserved Characters
URIs include components and subcomponents that are delimited by characters in the "reserved" set. These characters are called "reserved" because they may (or may not) be defined as delimiters by the generic syntax, by each scheme-specific syntax, or by the implementation-specific syntax of a URI's dereferencing algorithm. If data for a URI component would conflict with a reserved character's purpose as a delimiter, then the conflicting data must be percent-encoded before the URI is formed.
reserved = gen-delims / sub-delims

gen-delims = ":" / "/" / "?" / "#" / "[" / "]" / "@"

sub-delims = "!" / "$" / "&" / "'" / "(" / ")"
/ "*" / "+" / "," / ";" / "="
The purpose of reserved characters is to provide a set of delimiting characters that are distinguishable from other data within a URI. URIs that differ in the replacement of a reserved character with its corresponding percent-encoded octet are not equivalent. Percent-encoding a reserved character, or decoding a percent-encoded octet that corresponds to a reserved character, will change how the URI is interpreted by most applications.

2.3. Unreserved Characters
Characters that are allowed in a URI but do not have a reserved purpose are called unreserved. These include uppercase and lowercase letters, decimal digits, hyphen, period, underscore, and tilde.
unreserved = ALPHA / DIGIT / "-" / "." / "_" / "~"

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:14 pm

The following tag must be used to close the image reference [/img]. That slash was left out of Ron's attempts.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

BIGHOSS
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
w/ C-22 Mower

1974 Cub S/N 244814
w/59 Woods Mower

Postby BIGHOSS » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:21 pm

Is this what you mean, Don

[/IMG]20Optional%20Equipment%20Manuals/Cub%20RockShaft%20Packages/Rear%20Rockshaft%20Unit%20512%20652%20R92%206-30-48/Page%2003.jpg[/IMG]

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:22 pm

No slash in the first tag.

[img]blah,%20blah,%20blah[/img]
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:02 pm

Without getting into a long drawn out discussion on it ... I understand the comments on compliance and always have since the issue came up a few years ago - sometime around 2007/2008 :D . However with over 4.28 gigabytes of data on that server that covers over 18,682 files in 1,230 folders, there is no way I have the time to waste nor would I even consider even attempting a complete rewrite of the existing server. Too many other things to do with my life.. like have one :idea: So until the new server is finished (when that happens, it happens - as I said I have a life) these issues will go away as the new format is compliant with all the new conventions. Until then we have to do with what we have. :big give up:

The current server was written during the days of html 1, 2 and up to 3.0, with the original being on-line in late 2002 early 2003. This was a learning project for me to help me cope with the medical issues I have in my life. It is not the be all nor the end all and it isn't perfect :shock: ...... Course, neither am I -- much the shame in that :roll: :( :lol: Nor am I a professional web designer nor do I have actual training in html, css, php and other web based languages. I just learn as I go. The first such attempts were on my own ISP web host pages and we were all limited to dialup at that time. No indexes -- nada.. just page links with one manual at a time and having to delete and upload another manual whenever anyone wanted access to one. At least with the current one, we actually have whole manuals on line 24/7.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:18 pm

As far as anything changing since 2002, below is quoted what was required in 1994. Apostrophe and space required encoding even back then.

I understand that you didn't want to go back and change everything you did before 2007. I understand that would have been a lot of fixing. What I don't understand is why you continued the same thing in what you have added since then. I also don't understand why you keep blaming FireFox. The fact that you do tells me you still don't understand the original comments on compliance.
Unsafe: Characters can be unsafe for a number of reasons. The space character is unsafe because significant spaces may disappear and insignificant spaces may be introduced when URLs are transcribed or typeset or subjected to the treatment of word-processing programs. The characters "<" and ">" are unsafe because they are used as the delimiters around URLs in free text; the quote mark (""") is used to delimit URLs in some systems. The character "#" is unsafe and should always be encoded because it is used in World Wide Web and in other systems to delimit a URL from a fragment/anchor identifier that might follow it. The character "%" is unsafe because it is used for encodings of other characters. Other characters are unsafe because gateways and other transport agents are known to sometimes modify such characters. These characters are "{", "}", "|", "\", "^", "~", "[", "]", and "`". All unsafe characters must always be encoded within a URL. For example, the character "#" must be encoded within URLs even in systems that do not normally deal with fragment or anchor identifiers, so that if the URL is copied into another system that does use them, it will not be necessary to change the URL encoding.

BIGHOSS
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
w/ C-22 Mower

1974 Cub S/N 244814
w/59 Woods Mower

Postby BIGHOSS » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:30 pm

It works! :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}:

Hats off to Barnyard Bill :applause: :applause: :applause:

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Mr E » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:14 pm

Way to go, Mr. Ron. Glad you stayed with it until you figured it all out.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:33 pm

Congrats :applause: Ron.. I knew you would get it :D

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”