This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Identify this IH fertilizer attachment on a toolbar?

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Identify this IH fertilizer attachment on a toolbar?

Postby Super A » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:50 pm

I brought home a toolbar with four 185 planters on it. It is also set up to apply dry fertilizer in a band beside the row. Unfortunately the fertilizer hoppers were gone, but the bases indicate it's the same style hopper used on the Cub or Super A or similar tractors. Can anyone tell me what model fertilizer attachment is on this unit? I have looked on the caseIH website but can't find anything that looks like it. Basically it's driven by a tire/gauge wheel, one wheel drives two rows. The openers are single disk, never seen anything like them in IH either. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Al

White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Re: Identify this IH fertilizer attachment on a toolbar?

Postby Boss Hog » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:09 pm

IH used that setup on many planters I bought one with 184 planters on it set up the same way
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Re: Identify this IH fertilizer attachment on a toolbar?

Postby Super A » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:17 am

I figured it was a standard/common unit for IH. Any idea of a model #? There weren't a lot of IH planters ever sold around here and I have never seen one anything like it before. My dad had a set of cole planters on an IH three point hitch cultivator with something similar but I think it used a big rolling coulter/wheel to run the fertilizer attachment.

I first assumed that the hopper brackets were exactly like the Cub/Super A. I haven't looked at them side by side but I believe the bearings, and the way the brackets are cast to hold the bearings on which the hex shaft turn are made different than on a Cub/Super A attachment.

I will probably end up offering the fert. attachment for sale and would like to know what I'm selling first! ;)

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”