This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Massey Harris Combine

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Pepper
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38632
Tractors Owned: 1948 F-Cub
193 Moldboard Plow
144 Cultivator

Massey Harris Combine

Postby Pepper » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:17 am

I'm trying to find a combine to harvest my 1.5 acres of wheat, and the wheat that we'll plant at the church this year. A self propelled combine is just too big & complicated, not to mention overkill, in my opinion. I've been looking for a 52R combine to pull with my Cub, but I found this Massey Harris on craigslist today:

http://nashville.craigslist.org/grd/2252997935.html

We have guys at our church with larger tractors than mine, so I could borrow them to use if my Cub won't pull it.

My main question, does anyone know anything about these types? Is $600 a good price, or does it indicate that it may be scrap?

Thanks...
1948 F-Cub "Pop's Tractor"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Massey Harris Combine

Postby Eugene » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:21 pm

Ask members of the church or a near by neighbor - someone probably owns a combine. They would probably harvest your 1 1/2 acres for a fee and the church's wheat free. Does someone custom combine in your area?

http://www.chatstractors.com/051204_mas ... reaper.htm
I have an excuse. CRS.

Landreo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29130
Tractors Owned: fcub(5)
tricycle cub
154 (4)
Earthmaster (2)
JD 40T, JD 420 crawler-loader, JD MT
JD Unstyled A, Styled A, Unstyled AR
JD H
Centaur Tractor
AC Model C, G
Cub Cadets (9)
Gibson D
Red-E
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Massey Harris Combine

Postby Landreo » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:26 pm

Flat land? Likely would pull with a cub. However, the hydraulic and PTO requirements would not fit with using cub. Likely weighs twice what the cub weighs.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”