This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I did not use a cub but still was busy today

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Josh Blair
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38474
Tractors Owned: 1950 F-cub
1951 F-cub
1967 Massey Ferguson 150
Circle of Safety: Y

I did not use a cub but still was busy today

Postby Josh Blair » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:07 pm

I am not gonna lie i had a little fun :lol:
Josh Blair in Mt.Pleasant TN
Image Image

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Re: I did not use a cub but still was busy today

Postby cowboy » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:53 am

Cool Josh

I have a 265 massey I plow with. Sure is fun. It looked like you were moving the draft and transport when you were plowing. When I plow I put the transport all the way down and lift and lower the plows with the draft. The draft is set up so as the front of the tractor goes up and down it keeps the plows at the same depth. And if I loose traction I pull the plows up and back down quickly. Lifting the plows puts more weight on the back tires giving them more traction. I also like to plow as fast as I have power to pull without bogging the tractor down. That way if I hit a hard or wet spot the speed of the tractor helps me pull through it.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:05 pm

Looks good, Josh. Seems strange to see dirt with no big rocks in it. Afraid we can't plow much in our area. :D :D
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

Josh Blair
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38474
Tractors Owned: 1950 F-cub
1951 F-cub
1967 Massey Ferguson 150

Postby Josh Blair » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:44 pm

cowboy wrote:Cool Josh

I have a 265 massey I plow with. Sure is fun. It looked like you were moving the draft and transport when you were plowing. When I plow I put the transport all the way down and lift and lower the plows with the draft. The draft is set up so as the front of the tractor goes up and down it keeps the plows at the same depth. And if I loose traction I pull the plows up and back down quickly. Lifting the plows puts more weight on the back tires giving them more traction. I also like to plow as fast as I have power to pull without bogging the tractor down. That way if I hit a hard or wet spot the speed of the tractor helps me pull through it.

Billy

i used that trick
Josh Blair in Mt.Pleasant TN
Image Image

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”