This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

A friends 184 back on the job!

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
sdurnal
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47201
Tractors Owned: 105 & 127 cadet (sacrificed for a 4wd project)

680 Cadet
1964 LoBoy FH
L-54A Blade
Pennington 3 spindle deck
LF-194 plow
Circle of Safety: Y

A friends 184 back on the job!

Postby sdurnal » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:08 pm

A friend indicated he was having difficulties starting his 184 recently, (after discovering that I have a LoBoy) and asked if I could have a look at it. Luckily, he has a shop manual which included the electric diagrams. His starter wouldn't engage and had replaced several ignition switches trying to resolve. (his diagrams were wrong, but close enough to diagnose the prob) His has a flywheel starter and the diagrams all show a starter-generator. The tractor even has a new wiring harness installed to try & fix. I disassembled a switch he had replaced, looking for discoloration of the contacts and found it perfect inside. After finding this, the next component in line is the PTO lockout. (original equip) After talking to him the clutch safety had been bypassed previously. The PTO switch solved the problem, and he was happy...
Looks like I have another Cub to look after now...
And yeah...I did kinda slobber all over it.. Sweet machine!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”