This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Digital Books,

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Digital Books,

Postby Patbretagne » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:35 am

Can anyone help please. I'll explain.
I live in France and devour books to read of all sorts, Unfortunately there are no bookshops with an interesting range of english books in the area, and they tend to be dear.
I have seen that there is something called Ebooks where one downloads a book for a price and with either PC or another gizmonic machine one reads the book.

My problem is that at 60 the ole eyes are getting a bit weal and the Palm readers are small, too small.

Does there exist a book sized screen and memory that one can buy to read in the garde, in bed or in fact just like a normal book but without pages.
Thanks if you can help,
Pat

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby johnbron » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:56 pm

:idea: I have never tried these Myself but you might want to look into "Books on tape". I have heard many good reviews from people on radio programs that use them often and they are usually narrated by the author of the printed book or a well-know personality. Just think how easy that would be on the 60 year`old eyes.

Here are many ideas to choose from.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Books+on+tape
Then came Bronson

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Patbretagne » Sun May 22, 2005 11:46 am

Thanks John, tried it but the soporific value of hearing a book spoken is even better than half a bottle of californian red for me. I musttry to find out more, thanks again
Pat

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Harold R » Wed May 25, 2005 8:17 am

http://store.shopfujitsu.com/fpc/Ecommerce/buildseriesbean.do?series=O3&ptype=TB

Pat, I believe that ebooks can be downloaded into these "tablet PC's".
Should be much easier to see. Looks expensive though.

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Patbretagne » Wed May 25, 2005 4:01 pm

HR, exactly the sort of thing that i'mlooking for, BUT as you say a bit expensive. Could find a couple of cubs, and the paint to do them up for that over here!!! Thanks again I'll look deeper into this subject, but you've told me something I didn't know. (easy done)
Pat

Return to “Off Topic”