This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

David Bradley Cart

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Anonymous_h
10+ Years
10+ Years

David Bradley Cart

Postby Anonymous_h » Wed May 04, 2011 3:19 pm

I bought this David Bradley cart up by my daughter's college a month ago or so - I was wondering if anybody on the board knew anything about David Bradley stuff ? I would hate to tear this up by hauling mulch and such if it is something a collector would be interested in. The only info I can find is that it was sold by Sears & Roebuck in the late 50's and it was made for the "suburban" tractor model. It appears to be all original and it was stored inside for it's life.
Any help or info would be appreiciated. Model # is 917-59111

Thanks
Attachments
David Bradley trailer 2.jpg
David Bradley trailer.jpg
David Bradley trailer 1.jpg

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: David Bradley Cart

Postby Bigdog » Wed May 04, 2011 3:36 pm

There used to be a great David Bradley site at www.davidbradley.net but it just shows an index now. I did a little searching and found this page which was tied to the site:
http://members.lsol.net/gop4evr/index.htm
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed May 04, 2011 8:17 pm

Brad:

That is simply an work of art, an absolutely beautiful cart. Don't always get to see Simpson Sears on a SN plate. This is something that would be worth hanging on to -- I would be using it to take the grandkids for a ride ... that is sweet. The only thing I don't like about it is the wheels. The rims/wheels look out of place. But aside from that it is really beautiful. :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N

Postby dgrapes59 » Wed May 04, 2011 9:42 pm

Great looking cart! I love it! :big afro:

Thanks for sharing,
David

jwl
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 52738

Postby jwl » Wed May 04, 2011 10:28 pm

man i 'd love to have that for my suburban collection. You have an almost mint condition hauling cart. These were also built with the gull wings for the Tri-Trac rider, but were painted red and green instead of the electric blue you have. There were several models of carts made from about 1951 up. Two of them were all metal , and looked a lot like a modern hauling cart you get at a walmart or someplace similar. Most of the cart fit the walking tractor, with only 2 model being built for the riders, and one of those had an option hitch so you could use it with either type of power unit. There is another one similar to this one, with a seat, for the late walk behinds, also in the blue color. I would do anything with it, and keep it inside out of the weather.

Jeff

Anonymous_h
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Anonymous_h » Thu May 05, 2011 7:42 pm

Thanks fellas for the comments and info - Jeff it is apparent that you are well versed on David Bradley stuff - I guess I will not use it for work and maybe sell it to a collector that will appreciate it more than I will. I know how excited I get when I find a nice, un-molested cub implement in great original shape! :{_}:
Just makes ya feel good!!

Thanks Again

jwl
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby jwl » Thu May 05, 2011 9:37 pm

i hauled one from WV back to a friend in Iowa in about 2005. It wasnt half as nice as the one you have there. I only have 100 or so garden tractors, and i sold off a bunch last fall so i could afford some differnt stuff, like braiding machines and cash. You dont see those carts often. The current going price for one is $450-500. My trouble is all the good stuff in on one coast or the other.

Jeff

jwl
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby jwl » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:18 pm

After some planning and a 25 1/2 trip out to Ohio, i am now the proud owner of this fine David Bradley hauling cart. Thanks a lot Brad.

jeff

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:39 am

Jeff:

Sure nice to see that someone who obviously loves these things has become the proud owner of this cool -- tres cool 8) 8) 8) cart :!: That was one heck of a trip -- 25-1/2 hours sheesh, that is almost what about 1500 miles or so one way :shock: -- Almost like going to Vancouver for Timmies from here :lol:

Now this cart has a great home with someone who will care for it properly. Couldn't ask for better. Again congratulations :applause: on getting the cart :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

jwl
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby jwl » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:58 pm

Yes the trip about did me in, went to bed about 10pm last nite and didnt wake up until 10am this morning, but it was well worth it. I'm down to only 2 attachments i need for the Suburban line, a complete sprayer outfit and a sickel mower unit. As you get down the end of a series of attachments the last few are always tough to get though.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Jeff:

Well I understand what you mean. When I was younger - much younger I could do those long road trips. LA to Ottawa, Ottawa to LA, Moncton to Ottawa, or Toronto or even Vancouver without it being too hard on the bod, but now that I am almost a senior citizen :lol: well depends who you ask, I do get 10% at some restaurants :roll: :| , it is much harder to do those kinds of runs.

I am gonna broach it... I am curious as to what the David Bradley Suburban Line is composed of. Pics of your collection would be nice cause you know Image. And yeah, the last piece or two of any collection is always the most elusive and usually the most expensive. I look at my Diamond Jubilee's and I don't even want to think about having to buy the one's I am missing :shock: :!:

jwl
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby jwl » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:09 pm

Rudi, i have 11 of the 21 models of DB Suburban made from 59-65. I would have them all but most of the other models are only differnt because of the starting system, so i decided not to go any further with them. There is only tractor left that would consider adding to the fleet, and only because it was a break though model in its paint color. I used to have a lot of pictures in my old computer, but lost them and never replaced them. I use a lot of the tractors on my place, and many of the attachments. I have been thinking of a group picture, but it would take days to pack all the iron outside for this. Since my old puter died, im with out a camrea now that works with the new ones system. We plan to fix that sometime this yr. My son was nice enough to come over and take me the ones for here today. I'll start a new post after the show season and see if i can display some pictures for everyone here to enjoy.

Ida Red
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ida Red » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:04 am

Big Dog thanks for the DB site info.
I have a single furrow plow that fits that walk behind and it is looking for a new home,
IHC made a quality machine and was leader of the pack.Let's keep them running,

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”