This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

ConnectiCubFest V is history!

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: ConnectiCubFest V is on!

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Sun May 08, 2011 8:39 am

Cecil wrote:I got back home about 9 PM last night and crashed. We had a great time, although there was not much work to do. It was a very relaxing weekend. Thanks Art and Peter for putting this one on and I look forward to next year as always.

Yes, thanks to Art and Peter, for putting it together, to the Zagray volunteers, for bringing anything we needed (Firewood, fire pit, picnic tables, etc.) and a special thanks to Lauren Perry, for the delicious dessert. Buzzardwing brought DONUTS, too. :D :D :D Thanks, Art, for talking to the "weather gods", too. Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Sun May 08, 2011 4:42 pm

HAD A GREAT TIME! Peter, that 1/2lb. chedder burger was worth the 600 mile trip! Was worth it to see that young lad eat a hot dog and a fully loaded burger and then go back for another one. Yes, they were good.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

HitNmiss1923
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06492
Tractors Owned: 1948 cub, 1958 cub, 1969 Bolens 1225, 1951 Super C -wide front with worksaver 3pt hitch

Postby HitNmiss1923 » Sun May 08, 2011 5:31 pm

Great Day out at the Farm. Very nice meeting everyone and Pete the food was fantastic. Thanks to all, can't wait to do it again.. Don..

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Mon May 09, 2011 7:49 am

I was a bit shocked to find that the Saturday night Cubfest was just me..... I talked Cubs with myself and thought about greasing the bearings in the project I brought (OK, I just didn't take the mower out of the truck before I went).

Rob (Panelbeater) and his son, Craig, were by yesterday and I gave them a pretty good tour. We got to see all three generations of Chesters doing work; giant dump truck, running the 'Farmall' shuttle and firing up and running the sawmill. Had a nice visit with George Jarvis and got to see him award a 'Northwest' crane operator t shirt to a little guy with a giant smile. He is a great guy and watching him teach the youngsters run his giant shovel is truly a joy.

Thanks Peter for all the work you put into the Fest. It is always great to talk with old friends and meet some new ones.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Rob in NH
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03848
eBay ID: panelbeata
Tractors Owned: 1947 circle cub
1950 cub demonstrator
1957 cub
1967 cub

Postby Rob in NH » Mon May 09, 2011 11:29 am

thanks for the tour larry, it was well worth the ride down there. next time i'll try for saturday and thanks for the delivery service.

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Mon May 09, 2011 11:59 am

panelbeater wrote:thanks for the tour larry, it was well worth the ride down there. next time i'll try for saturday and thanks for the delivery service.

That's quite a place. I had them saw a small log for me, Saturday. Sorry I missed you. See you in Dublin. Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Mon May 09, 2011 7:56 pm

Just to let y'all know we have "Rednecks" up here in Connecticut, a little Yankee Ingenuity on display here;

I think this was the first CubFest ever where absolutely nothing of significance was accomplished. :shock:
...Cecil did loosen up the governor linkage on my Cub.
Did a little plowing in the new cornfield - turning sod over.

Lots to see - IH, Ford, John Deere, Case, Allis Chalmers, etc.
Art Chester provided us with some good weather.

Thanks to all for cutting me some slack as I was unable to be there for the whole weekend.
Larry - hope the coyote's didn't keep you up Saturday night.

Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

aftermac
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48174
Tractors Owned: 1950 Farmall Cub (iCub)

Postby aftermac » Mon May 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Yogie wrote:
Jimdawg wrote:Here are Bob Phillips (driver) and Ed Darowski (rider) testing a rare cub implement, the pedestrian spreader:

Great day in CT yesterday, every year the association seems to add more machinery to the working display. Lauren and I really enjoyed ourselves. Thanks for having us.

Hey Jim, maybe we can get one of those haulers for Jason's Tug puller so Ed can ride along and give him pointers.
The poor boys wife keeps beating him on his own tractor...

ScottyD'sdad wrote:Poor Jason, that boy sure takes a bit of harassment... maybe we should let up! NAAAAAAAAA, its too much fun!
I was standing on my lumber, which had been cut on the Zagray Farm antique sawmill. Bob was using it as a pedestrian mower, 14 feet wide, and needed it weighted, to be more effective. Ed

Wow, with friends like you guys! ;) Yogie, I'm surprised... that's the kind of comment I'd expect somebody else to make! :lol: Though with Mary's two co-pilots this year, I'll probably need all the help I can get!! Maybe Ed standing on the back of my tractor isn't such a bad idea! :wink: :lol:

Of course, that's all making the assumption that we will be able to make it, and that Mary is able to Tug if we do... she'll be right at the start of her third trimester. With twins it's possible she could be on bed rest by then. :sick:
Jason

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Re: ConnectiCubFest V is history!

Postby Buzzard Wing » Mon May 09, 2011 9:09 pm

You are most welcome Rob, I really enjoyed spending time with you and your son. It's great to have people that are interested in the great stuff they have there.

Peter, I can sleep thought anything... except Cecil's generator. :lol:
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Mon May 09, 2011 9:39 pm

...short video of Zagray's F-14(?) on steel wheels;

Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

Kit Sumner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06413
Tractors Owned: 1959 Farmall Cub w/ fast hitch

Postby Kit Sumner » Tue May 10, 2011 1:22 pm

Thank you Art and Peter for all your efforts making making ConnectiCubfest V a huge success. Such a gorgeous spot ... and it seems that the attractions get better 'n' better. Ruth and I can't wait until next year.

Kit and Ruth
Any job worth doing
is a job worth doing well.

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”