This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

White Demo Super A....

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

White Demo Super A....

Postby Super A » Sat May 21, 2011 11:37 pm

After spending about a week in Hog Waller this Super A white demo is at my house! She's not a trailer queen but shows a lot of potential so one day she might be. My Super A collection is practically complete, unless I want to really go crazy and get one from every model year or something.....

Good to see you again, Boss!

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Re: White Demo Super A....

Postby Yogie » Sun May 22, 2011 6:14 am

Glad things worked out Al, I was afraid that one was a goner for sure.
Never seen a demo A before, did they make demos in all the Farmall line in early 50 ????
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sun May 22, 2011 6:39 am

Same here Al, may see you soon at a one day fest here

just cubs SAs and Cs ,Yogie
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Clark Thompson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36310
Tractors Owned: 1975 IH cub,1948 farmall cub,1979 international 3200 skid steer and a 1974 John deere 350B dozer.

Postby Clark Thompson » Fri May 27, 2011 4:32 pm

IH had the demo line that included the Farmall cub, Sueper A and super C. All in the first 3 to 4 months of 1950. Some very late 1949 tractors were used in the demo program. The white demonstrator tractors were painted white in the same line as the red tractors. The serial numbers of the red tractors do fall in the demo range but were not demos. The true demo would have white paint under the red along with the wire harnesses with white showing, There would be also white in hard to paint places where the dealers who were required to repaint the white tractor red before the sale them. There were some demonstrators that escaped getting painted red. A real domo is hard to come by. There are some bootleg demos out there because of the prices that true demos fetch.
Collector of Farmall cubs and cub cadets.Injoy helping people keep their cubs running. Years of experipnce.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Fri May 27, 2011 9:50 pm

Clark Thompson wrote:IH had the demo line that included the Farmall cub, Sueper A and super C. All in the first 3 to 4 months of 1950. Some very late 1949 tractors were used in the demo program. The white demonstrator tractors were painted white in the same line as the red tractors. The serial numbers of the red tractors do fall in the demo range but were not demos. The true demo would have white paint under the red along with the wire harnesses with white showing, There would be also white in hard to paint places where the dealers who were required to repaint the white tractor red before the sale them. There were some demonstrators that escaped getting painted red. A real domo is hard to come by. There are some bootleg demos out there because of the prices that true demos fetch.

They did plain C's. The Super C's didn't come out 'till '51.

The serial number on my tractor is very hard to read--the 3rd and 4th digits are almost invisible and I haven't fully made up my mind what they are. I guess that would hurt resale value but this tractor is definately a keeper.....Besides the white paint coming through everywhere leaves no doubt what it is! :D

Al

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.

Brendan In NC
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27858
Tractors Owned: 1964 Farmall Cub Red Square Nose # 223883 one of 2300 built before they switch to Yellow and White.

1964 Farmall 140 #27512
Just a Clean Strong run of the mill Farmall 140 with very little Wear.

Also have a bit of equipment
Woods C-42 Belly mower, 1963 IH McCormick #215 Plow, IH #144 Cultivators, IH Side Dresser (in need of some work non working at the moment)

Postby Brendan In NC » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:54 pm

wow needs some work but not that bad did come whit all the sheet medal i see i has part of a Donaldson air precleaner not too bad she will look real good when done well you now have a super A demo Russel Spain as a farmall C demo now we needs someone in the club to get a cub demo an have them all lined up at the got to be N.C fest haha
Tractors are like watermelons..Eat the red and throw away the green!!
Brendan Dixon Greenville NC
1964 Farmall Cub #223883
1964 Farmall 140 #27512
Tractorguy140, YouTube

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Super A » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:04 pm

tractorguy140 wrote:wow needs some work but not that bad did come whit all the sheet medal i see i has part of a Donaldson air precleaner not too bad she will look real good when done well you now have a super A demo Russel Spain as a farmall C demo now we needs someone in the club to get a cub demo an have them all lined up at the got to be N.C fest haha

I have had it running but it does not run good. Compression is very low. Transmission sounds awful. It will pretty much have to get a restoring from front to back to be a good show piece. One of these days....

Al

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:23 pm

Man, i must have missed the for sale sign.......

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Super A » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:16 pm

John(videodoc) wrote:Man, i must have missed the for sale sign.......

I let Boss know I was interested before he ever put it up for sale.... :mrgreen:

I don't like that "script" style of serial number stamping that IH was using on the Cub, Super A, and C around 1950. It is not deep enough of a stamp and too hard to read. I just can read the number on the '50 Super A I got from Billy Clay also. I'm going to try a couple more tricks but I am afraid the full serial # on this demo may not be readable.....if it wasn't for the white paint showing, people would really get in a dither over this one!

Al

Brendan In NC
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27858
Tractors Owned: 1964 Farmall Cub Red Square Nose # 223883 one of 2300 built before they switch to Yellow and White.

1964 Farmall 140 #27512
Just a Clean Strong run of the mill Farmall 140 with very little Wear.

Also have a bit of equipment
Woods C-42 Belly mower, 1963 IH McCormick #215 Plow, IH #144 Cultivators, IH Side Dresser (in need of some work non working at the moment)

Postby Brendan In NC » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:13 pm

yea that don't sound good at all it may have a blown head gasket or maybe a cracked head as far as the transmission aint there are two bearings at both ends those may be wore slam out an it must be causing the trans to rattle my 140s sounded like that only cause it was way low in transmission oil it was down a quart but any tractor in this shape will take time to redo if i was restoring oh say a 340 200 or C id take over 2 years an take my time an make sure every thing is right an perfect in it.
but still hope every thing will straiten out in that ole girl an she will be rockin an a rolling in the near future
Tractors are like watermelons..Eat the red and throw away the green!!
Brendan Dixon Greenville NC
1964 Farmall Cub #223883
1964 Farmall 140 #27512
Tractorguy140, YouTube

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”