This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cheap parts cleaner

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Cheap parts cleaner

Postby BigBill » Sun May 22, 2011 5:31 pm

I needed a small parts cleaner but there is no time to order one. I went to walmart and got two of there plastic retangular buckets with tops, one that fits inside the larger one. This way if the inside one ever leaks the second one will stop the spill. I figured out to put a piece of scrap plywood inside the bottom of the bucket were the parts may hit and slice thru so it can be prevented too. I just washed my mower deck spindle housings and its awesome to use. I made a smaller one that fits under the bech when i'm not needing it. Just for the smaller parts.

I need to order a free larger parts washing tank soon. It pays to have buddies in the right places.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Landreo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29130
Tractors Owned: fcub(5)
tricycle cub
154 (4)
Earthmaster (2)
JD 40T, JD 420 crawler-loader, JD MT
JD Unstyled A, Styled A, Unstyled AR
JD H
Centaur Tractor
AC Model C, G
Cub Cadets (9)
Gibson D
Red-E
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cheap parts cleaner

Postby Landreo » Thu May 26, 2011 9:44 am

I can't think of what the buckets look like, please post a photo if you can. It may be worth drilling some holes in the first bucket so you can raise and lower the parts in the cleaning solution to agitate.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Cheap parts cleaner

Postby BigBill » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:34 pm

These are those rectangular plastic buckets at walmart. Just get the size you want and one goes inside the other with the lid too. I like the smaller one its easy to store under the bench. Bill
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Projects Forum”