This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How to split a file.

How do I.... ?
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

How to split a file.

Postby Eugene » Fri May 27, 2011 5:14 pm

I have a pdf and zip compressed file. 60 pages long. How do I split the file into smaller units?

"554 5.3.4 message exceeds maximum size limits [in reply to end of DATA]

Edit: My computer says the message has been sent. Shows up in the sent folder. Perhaps the problem is with the recipients server.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: How to split a file.

Postby Rudi » Fri May 27, 2011 8:29 pm

Eugene:

Which manual is it? And who needs it? I probably can help.

When you get file exceeds maximum allowable error messages it is usually because of the receiving ISP mail server. IF yours sends it then it isn't too big. Usually the max allowable file size in in and around 20 to 25 megs. That should be enough for most folks needs, but in the case of some of our manuals they can easily exceed 30megs even zipped.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Re: How to split a file.

Postby Eugene » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:46 pm

Well Duh!. Using Outlook Express. Tried to send a hugh file. When expired, a message appeared on the screen:

"The message could not be sent because its size exceeded the server's limit, You can use the option, located in Tools / Accounts / Properties / Advanced, to break message into smaller parts."

Msg was broken into 64 seperate e-mails. Hoping the computer on the other end reassembled the e-mails.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”