This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

JawHorse

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety: Y

JawHorse

Postby Dennis » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:05 pm

OK folks, I just saw my first ad for this awesome looking product by Rockwell, the JawHorse -- I want one. I would be surprised if one of our member(s) has one and has not told us about it. The reviews on Home Depot and Lowes are all five star ratings. Just one 5* rating from a FarmallCub member will push me over the top and I'll start leaving notes around the house for fathers day :)

https://www.rockwelltools.com/US/JawHor ... _medium=TV

The Lowes site also has a video demo. http://www.lowes.com/pd_312963-54602-RK ... facetInfo=

Thanks in advance,
Dennis
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Re: JawHorse

Postby Yogie » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:59 pm

I'm glad you showed the link Dennis because I was really lost.
I have a couple different types of Workmate tables that I can live without anymore. I'm sure this would be just a handy, even more when gripping pipe and other types of stock that my tables just can't grip good enough.

Yep, we all need one of those.... :wink: :D
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:05 am

Dennis:

Well I just had a look at the JawHorse :big say what:

All I can say is this is one that is definitely going to be on my list of Iwannahaves :!: I can see uses for it in my shop right off the top especially when it comes to assembling torsion boxes and other larger units where additional hands are a blessing. Biggest problem for me is that I do not have 3 or more hands when I need em. I have 2 of the work-mates and they are good. To get the vertical reach gotta make a jig insert.

Ain't gonna be for Father's Day this year but it is definitely on my wish list for my kids to choose from.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:28 pm

Also interested in any first hand product reviews.

I have owned and used two Black & Decker "WorkMates" for years. Clamping capability is not that great but they do make great tool stands and work surfaces.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Bill E Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74070

Postby Bill E Bob » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:14 am

Well, my Jawhorse with Welding stand attachment is on the way. Best price Amazon @ $159.00 + free shipping and the welding stand attachment @ $70.00
also free shipping. I LOVE Amazon (They like me a lot also).

A LARGE THANKS TO DENNIS for introducing this product :worthy:

(More info after its arrival)

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:02 am

Bill E Bob wrote:Well, my Jawhorse with Welding stand attachment is on the way. Best price Amazon @ $159.00 + free shipping and the welding stand attachment @ $70.00
also free shipping. I LOVE Amazon (They like me a lot also).

A LARGE THANKS TO DENNIS for introducing this product :worthy:

(More info after its arrival)

Thanks for taking the bullet for everyone Bill E. Great price on Amazon too -- the free shipping is great, because I understand it's a pretty heavy item. Please let us know your likes/dislikes when you get some time to use it. Lord knows I'm always looking for an extra set of hands around the property :)
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Bill E Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74070

Postby Bill E Bob » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:44 pm

JawHorse arrived today! Weighs 43lb and is all steel varying in thickness from 1/16" to 1/4". Seems well made, clean welds, good paint good fit up. However, it does originate from China, obviously built to higher specs than most of the stuff from over there. I also have a DeWalt stand grinder from there and I have used the dickens out of it with no problems, again, built to better specs. The Jawhorse comes with a demonstration DVD and instruction booklet (in about 20 languages :roll: ). Will update as I get a chance to put it to use. Looks like it'll be a great 3rd & 4th hand with good clamping force.

Return to “Tool Talk and Reviews”