This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1950 David Bradley Resto Project

You know, green, blue, orange, etc...
Trackburger
10+ Years
10+ Years

1950 David Bradley Resto Project

Postby Trackburger » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:06 pm

Hey everyone, been a while since I posted on here, I had a 48 Farmall Cub a few years back, but being in the military and having a crazy schedule, daughter and what not I ended up selling it to a fine fellow who also restores Cubs, so I knew it was going o a good home. Sure do miss it though!!

Anyway, had an itch to get into another project now that I was back on shore duty, so I searched around the local ads and was able to pick up a 1950 David Bradley walk behind tractor for $50!! It wasnt running at the time, and was missing the hood and had a newer B&S engine on it but I couldnt pass up the oportunity. I got it home, cleaned the carb out, replaced the sparkplug and she fired right up. I learned many years ago its always best to get your project running if possible before disassembly.....saves lots of heartache and frustration in the end!!!!

Anyway decided to post a few pics of my progress, first is when I first brought it home, then there are a few of me plowing up a VERY small garden. It was a little overkill as my little mantis tiller would have done just fine, but being a man I had to plow some earth!!!!! What a great feeling!!!! There are some pics of it disasembled, and going backtogether. Its still not done, all I have left is to redo the wheels, put on some new tires, and a few odds and ends. I think I'm going to leave it hoodless, looks a little more vintage to me that way....LOL and for the "correct police" I know its not the original engine and even the gas tank for that matter came off something else, but I think it looks better than the plastic engine mounted one that came with it.

I'll post more pics in a few weeks when its done, but LMK what you think so far, I can take the critisism...LOL!!!!
Sorry for all the pics, but I know I LOVE lloking at other peoples stuff so here ya go!!!!!.....................

1948 Farmall Cub (now gone)
1971 Cub Cadet 73
1950 David Bradley
The harder thing to do and the right thing to do are usually the same thing ;)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 1950 David Bradley Resto Project

Postby Barnyard » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:24 pm

It looks like you are doing a good job on it. A lot easier to restore than a Cub from the looks of it A set of new tires and you' will really be looking good

I got a start on aquiring my David Bradley over the weekend. Just like Johnny Cash said, one piece at a time.

Maybe I'll add to it as time goes on. :lol:
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Trackburger
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Trackburger » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:24 pm

Hey look....The one piece I'm missing!!! :headbang

LMK if you cant find the other parts to it and want to send that one to a good home!!!!!
1971 Cub Cadet 73
1950 David Bradley

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Barnyard » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:54 pm

I doubt I will ever have a David Bradley (sort of like I doubted I would ever have a Cub) but since you don't have the original engine or gas tank, I doubt the hood would fit. I believe the hoods all looked similar. The only difference was depending on where the pullies were mounted and the size of the pulley.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Trackburger
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Trackburger » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:37 pm

LOL, Its all good, like I stated earlier, I like the hoodless look, thats why I went with the decals on the tank. They didnt have them on there from DB. I'm sure one will come along for you, I always seem to find things when I'm not looking for them, and cant find things when I am....Hahahaha!!!!!
1971 Cub Cadet 73
1950 David Bradley

Return to “Tractors (non-Cub/Lo-Boy/Cadet) Photos”