This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Master Bedroom Closet Remodel

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
aftermac
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48174
Tractors Owned: 1950 Farmall Cub (iCub)

Master Bedroom Closet Remodel

Postby aftermac » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:22 am

Mary and I are trying to finish up a bunch of projects before the twins are born... which is why I told her the master bedroom closet was perfectly fine with the existing J-bar for hanging clothes. So, she proceeded to take my sawzall, cut the J-bar in half, ripped it out, then told me to remodel the closet.

After some disussion of design, she decided that she wanted a divided closet with enough space for two rows of hanging clothes, and a shelf at the top. My rebuttal was that it wasn't possible since we would be blocking the only access to the attic. Mary's final decision was, "figure it out"...

Here's what I came up with:

Jason

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Master Bedroom Closet Remodel

Postby Bigdog » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:07 pm

Jason - great idea! Gotta keep mama happy!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines

Postby Jeff Silvey » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:25 pm

Very nice firefighter's will love you for that project.
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:45 pm

Wow, Mary on surging hormones, sounds dangerous! I'll have to keep my distance, at the tug, since I won't be able to behave. Ed Good job, Jason! (Yes, its a complement, even though you didn't expect it)
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

aftermac
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby aftermac » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:02 pm

Bigdog wrote:Jason - great idea! Gotta keep mama happy!

Thanks, Bigdog!

Absolutely! I'm just glad we were able to settle on a much simpler design than she originally had in mind! :)

Jeff Silvey wrote:Very nice firefighter's will love you for that project.

Thanks, Jeff!

Hopefully, I never have to put that one to the test!

ScottyD'sdad wrote:Wow, Mary on surging hormones, sounds dangerous! I'll have to keep my distance, at the tug, since I won't be able to behave. Ed Good job, Jason! (Yes, its a complement, even though you didn't expect it)

Thanks Ed! I'll count that compliment as double coming from you! :||): :lol: Though it's not really evident from my Cub repair and tugging skills, I'm actually fairly handy in the wood shop. Lots of things have needed fixing since I bought my house 6 years ago. :)

Considering stories I've heard about her mother, so far Mary hasn't been all that bad. She probably would have torn the closet apart regardless. :) With that said, it's still probably best not to provoke her - especially if she's within reach of any tool that reciprocates, spins, or bludgeons! :shock: :mrgreen:
Jason

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
3 power units
cub demonstrator

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:28 pm

Jason, I'm heading to behavioral training, before the tug. No telling what kind of weapon Mary could conceal, in maternity clothes. I'm not taking any chances!
Do you think "puppy kindergarten" will do, I can't get into any human classes, on short notice. Ed
Circle of Safety

aftermac
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby aftermac » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:29 pm

ScottyD'sdad wrote:Jason, I'm heading to behavioral training, before the tug. No telling what kind of weapon Mary could conceal, in maternity clothes. I'm not taking any chances!
Do you think "puppy kindergarten" will do, I can't get into any human classes, on short notice. Ed

I'm sure she'll appreciate the effort. That will at least cover the basics: sit, stay, and "heal" - which may come in handy to recover from any wounds! :sick:
Jason

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:36 pm

Jason:

An intriguing solution to a difficult and somewhat common dilemma. Nicely done :D :applause:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
3 power units
cub demonstrator

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:59 am

aftermac wrote:
ScottyD'sdad wrote:Jason, I'm heading to behavioral training, before the tug. No telling what kind of weapon Mary could conceal, in maternity clothes. I'm not taking any chances!

I'm sure she'll appreciate the effort. That will at least cover the basics: sit, stay, and "heal" - which may come in handy to recover from any wounds! :sick:

My first class is this afternoon! Ed
Circle of Safety

aftermac
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby aftermac » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:39 pm

Rudi wrote:Jason:

An intriguing solution to a difficult and somewhat common dilemma. Nicely done :D :applause:

Thanks, Rudi! I'm really happy with how it turned out. :)

ScottyD'sdad wrote:
aftermac wrote:

My first class is this afternoon! Ed

We're looking forward to seeing how well it pays off at the Tug! :lol:
Jason

TaminTank
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 32460

Postby TaminTank » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:33 am

Nice Jason! How is Mary? We were correct...this is going to be a big guy...in June was already over 5lbs and I am not due until Sept...Hope it is all going smoothly!

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:30 am

Very nice Jason, i was wondering how you were going to squeeze into that little area. Video explained it well.

WIfe had me do a similiar project this past winter. Easyclosets.com designed my closest. I printed off their plans. And then built it out of oak. Saved a lot money doing it this way. Here is a link in case you missed it.

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/v ... om/Closet/

John

aftermac
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby aftermac » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:38 pm

TaminTank wrote:Nice Jason! How is Mary? We were correct...this is going to be a big guy...in June was already over 5lbs and I am not due until Sept...Hope it is all going smoothly!

Thanks, Tami! Wow, 5lbs already! Mary is doing well. She is at 25 weeks today and the boys are about 1.5 pounds each. Hope everything is going well for you also! Are you going to Cub Tug?

John(videodoc) wrote:Very nice Jason, i was wondering how you were going to squeeze into that little area. Video explained it well.

WIfe had me do a similiar project this past winter. Easyclosets.com designed my closest. I printed off their plans. And then built it out of oak. Saved a lot money doing it this way. Here is a link in case you missed it.

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/v ... om/Closet/

John

Thanks, John! I figured a video would explain things better than words. :) Our closet is so small it's hard to do anything with, plus with the attic access it makes it even harder to work with. I built a much more elaborate walk-in closet / storage shelving / pantry in the basement where we keep out of season clothes, because there is so little space in the bedroom.

Nice work on your closet as well! I think that's the size of my entire bedroom. :) We looked at the cedar planks, but decided to go with the chip board. The shelves are cabinet grade plywood with 1" oak facia board.
Jason

Return to “Projects Forum”