This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What do you think about a Ford Powermaster 861?

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
pgmrdan
10+ Years
10+ Years

What do you think about a Ford Powermaster 861?

Postby pgmrdan » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:57 pm

The AC WD45 I saw is not in good enough shape.

I did see a Ford Powermaster 861 that's not real pretty to look at but is in good shape mechanically. Live PTO, live hydraulics, good sheet metal, around 45 hp, etc. Needs a little cleaning up and some TLC and she should last longer than me. :D

The guy is asking $4500.

Would this be a good selection for maintaining 20 acres (15 in hay)? Is the price reasonable?

Thanks,
Dan

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:10 pm

Maybe they get that in your area but $4500.00 seems a tad on the high side for something a little rough unless your just talkin worn paint. Good tractor with lots of power. Hydraulic pumps can be expensive to replace. When you get up around that price range now your open for a lot more choices. I've known of a few Farmall 300's -450's go for less than that and you would have all the goodies also and more tractor.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:35 pm

I bought a powermaster 801-diesel backhoe 4 years ago for $3200.
Then came Bronson

pgmrdan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pgmrdan » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:57 am

"a Ford Powermaster 861 that's not real pretty to look at...Needs a little cleaning up and some TLC"

"seems a tad on the high side for something a little rough unless your just talkin worn paint."

It just needs a good bath and the paint freshened up.

Someone has taken good care of it mechanically. It just needs some cosmetic attention. All the sheet metal is in really good shape.

A good cleaning would make it look a lot nicer. Then some paint would make it a real beauty.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Ford 861

Postby Eugene » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:22 am

http://www.ytmag.com Ford discussion board. Search the board for tractor prices and post your question again.

I feel the $4500- asking price is to high by about 1/3 of the asking price.

Just my opinion.

Eugene

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:34 am

I don't knopw of any one who pays the asking price for any thing unless it be the supermarket.
Make an offer. Feel out the seller first or see what you can see aboput him from others. Then decide to make a lowball offer and be prepared to make some sort of compromis to a reasonable price. Or if it is a stiff necked seller make a reasonable price off and if it doesn't jell be prepared to look elsewhere. No sense being an over anxcious buyer and getting taken.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

pgmrdan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pgmrdan » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:27 am

"I don't knopw of any one who pays the asking price for any thing unless it be the supermarket."

Yep, that's why I'm asking if the asking price is reasonable. With the position he's in I don't think he'll take much less. If the going price is around $3500 I'll walk away without making an offer. If the going price is $4000 I'll make an offer of just under $4000.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”