This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

"Peek of the Past"

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

"Peek of the Past"

Postby Arizona Mike » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:38 am

A friend gave me some old pictures to share. His dad worked for IH back in the 40's. I think these show some early work on loaders and cranes. Thought some might find these interesting :)

"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RedNed
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RedNed » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:08 pm

Thanks Mike,
Neat! I love those old pictures.I am working on my old loader now. I was moving some dirt and having fun. Tore the whole thing down. Restoring the whole nine yards now.............Thanks for sharing. I like the I-6 and the old cars......... 8)
1960 f-cub,IH Cub Cadet model 76, 125,
1957 IH350u

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:23 pm

Great pictures Mike! I wonder what OSHA would think of those rigs now!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:34 pm

Mike:

Really interesting look at the past. Amazing how far we have come in 60 years isn't it?

BD:

Those things would never see the light of day if OSHA had been around then. :roll: :oops: :roll: :lol:

Course, neither would our Cubs :cry: :cry: Sometimes progress isn't all it is cracked up to be methinks.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck

Postby Carm » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:31 am

Rudi wrote:

Sometimes progress isn't all it is cracked up to be methinks.

Thats for darn sure!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:21 am

I love that old equipment. If you look it over closely much of it has field engineering that was later incorporated into commercially sold units.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:39 am

:shock: Boy aint that a crazy primitive looking loader unit. those hydraulic rams look longer than the main rams in my old sherman backhoe and mine were all I could handle by myself & a cherry picker removing them for rebuild.
Then came Bronson

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:59 am

That appears to be a custom designed unit for picking up light loads and then reaching out with them to dump them. don't think I would want to pick up anything very heavy with the rams all the way out.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:49 am

Hey Mike...GREAT Pixs from the Past :wink: ! It's a SHAME that IH folded the way it did :cry: !!! For a company that made such lasting equipment...folks like Brooks McCormick & Archie McCardell ran it RIGHT INTO THE GROUND :evil: !
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

capt jack
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby capt jack » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:09 pm

OOoo. See the '35 Master Delux in the background. I got one, has 4 sucide doors, no trunk but a continenta kit, rear window has a little pull down shade. Great car....and the tractor/crane/fork lift was neat also.
Give a man fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:47 pm

capt jack wrote:OOoo. See the '35 Master Delux in the background. I got one, has 4 sucide doors, no trunk but a continenta kit, rear window has a little pull down shade. Great car....and the tractor/crane/fork lift was neat also.

Jack,

I hadn't thought of this for maybe 30 years, but my first Chevy had the rear window shade. I think it was attached to the hat shelf and pulled up to a hook of some kind. Does your master deluxe have a straight front axle?
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

capt jack
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby capt jack » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:40 am

I'm pretty sure it does, it is at the shop and i am in the motor home. One thing is that all windows had handles to roll up and down or in and out. Later on all the vehicles had the wing glass on a swivel and eliminated the handles and being the master delux it has crystal flower (or bud) holders for the rear seat occupant and leather hand holds. neat old car, i drove it down and it only took once to remember that mechanical brakes will scare heck out of you after being use to hydro brakes. I wish I had the time to restore her (that was my first goal) but with her, the 50 ford pick up, 2 cubs, 47 8N, 46 JD B (with the outside clutch)(and all its implements) and a WWII piper (the type Glenn Miller was in when he was killed) I will have to drop some of these projects. All the hot rodders from around here and as far away as California have call and asked about her, she would make the ultimate hot rod, but I don't want to see that happen. Guess one day I will put her in Hemmings (the collector mag) and ask a lower than worth price and hope that whom ever buys her will restore rather than hot rod.
any way.......I am glad that she caused a walk down memory lane for you.
Give a man fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

RedNed
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RedNed » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:04 am

Capt.Jack
You have som pretty good projects set up. I know after a while you have to tackle the ones that get your passion going, I like the Piper and the pick-up. Unfortunely Miller was killed in a Noorduyn Norseman C-64 on a cold foggy night on 15 Dec 1944.I just happen to know all this useless information.Thats why I'm where I am today.As my co-workers and friends say."Bob, Is going back on his wayback machine."Hang on. :lol:
1960 f-cub,IH Cub Cadet model 76, 125,

1957 IH350u

capt jack
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby capt jack » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:12 am

See, I had always been told it was a piper observation plane and when this one came one the market for very little money, I jumped on it. Well, you have solved one of my projects. I'll sell that one. I was only gonna do it because I played and enjoyed Miller's work. Perhaps I will take the piper and bury it nose down in one of the pastures. (nope, cant afford that joke). Have a great time at the 'fest and drink a lemonade for me.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:47 am

capt jack wrote:See, I had always been told it was a piper observation plane and when this one came one the market for very little money, I jumped on it. Well, you have solved one of my projects. I'll sell that one. I was only gonna do it because I played and enjoyed Miller's work. Perhaps I will take the piper and bury it nose down in one of the pastures. (nope, cant afford that joke). Have a great time at the 'fest and drink a lemonade for me.

Jack,

My partner and I still have the '41 Aeronca "Chief" we bought in 1965. It's kinda far down the list to restore it again. In spite of what we've seen in the movies, the 3 trainer planes that were aloft when the Japs attacked Pearl Harbor were not Stearmans, but '41 Aeronca "Defenders". The same airplane that became the military L-3. I was consulted during the restoration of one of them. The guy who called said it still had holes that were shot in the tail, but they wanted to restore it to flying status.

Here's our last restoration:

Before

After
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”