This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Alotted space on PhotoHost.

How do I.... ?
Redcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 97000
Tractors Owned: 47'Cub S/N 9516. Howard CD6 Despeeder, Howard L&S-28 Rotovators, broken front end loader, Hub City PTO clockwise converter/rpm reducer, Cub tach, Old style pointer hands analog Hobbs meter, Donaldson pre-cleaner, C-22 Sickle bar. Sears flat belt drive Buzz Saw, Model 54 blade, IH plow, Delco horn.
Circle of Safety: Y

Alotted space on PhotoHost.

Postby Redcub » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:32 pm

Disk Quotta Exceeded!
So I went to post some new pics on PhotoHost so I can share the twin mounted Farmall A's that I have pics of and I get a message that says If I post this pic I will exceed my alloted space of X bits ( or what ever...) Some guys seem to have tons of pics out there. Can I request more space? Are people opening other accounts?

Just think, two Farmall A's mounted side-by-side......I would really love to share those pics.
What should I do?
Next time you are out here in the Pacific NW see us at
The Great Oregon Steam Up in Brooks Ore, along Interstate-5 just North of Salem
http://www.antiquepowerland.com Held the last weekend of July, and 1st weekend of August
"Steam and Gasoline"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Re: Alotted space on PhotoHost.

Postby Bigdog » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:50 am

I went to your gallery and checked your uploads - your problem is that you need to reduce the size of some of your pictures before uploading. You have some very large picture files which are eating up all of your storage space. I suggest you reduce the size of your files to 640 X 480 pixels before uploading. This will allow you to upload many more pictures. If you replace some of your larger uploads with smaller versions you will have plenty of space.
Windows Power Toys Image Resizer is an excellent tool for reducing file size as is Irfanview. Or if you have photo manipulation software that you already use try that for reducing the image size.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17953
Tractors Owned: ......Almost enough.
N3NIK

Postby Winfield Dave » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:34 am

Also, check the setting on your camera...

When I got my new camera, the default setting produced gigantic photos...didn't realize it was changeable...
I set it to 640x480 size and now I don't have to think about it/resizing my pics anymore.
[Thanks to my daughter Niki for showing me how to work my camera :D ]
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460

Postby Mr E » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:45 am

Winfield Dave wrote:Also, check the setting on your camera...

When I got my new camera, the default setting produced gigantic photos...didn't realize it was changeable...
I set it to 640x480 size and now I don't have to think about it/resizing my pics anymore.
[Thanks to my daughter Niki for showing me how to work my camera :D ]

Dave,
Be aware that if you ever want to print out a really nice picture, you may have to tweak that setting back to a larger size. (before you take the picture) : P
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17953
Tractors Owned: ......Almost enough.
N3NIK

Postby Winfield Dave » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:52 am

Yep, you're right Roy...Thanks for the reminder. :D ...so much to keep track of, need more brain cells. :roll:
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:07 pm

That is one of the reasons why I have an extra folder for each day/topic etc., of the pics I take. The extra folder is called Originals which is where I move the original unresized jpegs after I have resized them to 640x480. That way I have both .. one for the forums and one for me :wink: :D :{_}:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”