This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tornado's in New Brunswick????

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Tornado's in New Brunswick????

Postby Rudi » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:07 pm

Yup, looks like it. :? :shock: :? :?

Not too sure what is going on, but Em just called down and told me that we have a Tornado Warning for Kent, Westmorland and Albert counties. I live in Westmorland county about 30 kms southwest of Kent county. The tornado cells are movin this way :shock: :shock:

Environment Canada is pretty good about their warnings and advisories. An advisory is just that something might happen, warnings mean that it is no longer just possible, but probable. Not something that I am looking forward to.

I have always told Em after experiencing a small tornado in SoCal back in the late 70's that I never wanted to live through another one -- looks like the unthinkable is thinkable.

We have thunderstorms pounding our way and the rain has already started. Sure hope we escape the tornado --

Will let ya know what happens.....
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:50 pm

Good luck Rudi! Hold on to your cubs!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:00 pm

Rudi,

I hope I never see one. However, whenever there is a watch (or maybe a warning) I'm sure to be outside looking. If one ever comes, I'd never forgive myself for missing it.

Your system sounds better. Our stupid weather bureau decided to call both conditions names starting with "W". I wonder how many really know the difference between a Watch and a Warning? I'm never sure.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:18 pm

George Willer wrote:I wonder how many really know the difference between a Watch and a Warning? I'm never sure.

Probably very few. For the benefit of anyone reading this that doesn't know:

A tornado WATCH means weather conditions are those that can produce a tornado.

A tornado WARNING means one has actually been spotted in the area (I think "spotted" could be visual or a radar signature).

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby George Willer » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:55 pm

Jim Becker wrote:
George Willer wrote:I wonder how many really know the difference between a Watch and a Warning? I'm never sure.

Probably very few. For the benefit of anyone reading this that doesn't know:

A tornado WATCH means weather conditions are those that can produce a tornado.

A tornado WARNING means one has actually been spotted in the area (I think "spotted" could be visual or a radar signature).

That's probably right... since I respect your wisdom. Now, here's how un-necessarily confusing it is. Warning could easily = a tornado could happen, be careful... if it happens, don't say we didn't warn you. Watch could easily = there the sucker goes... watch all the excitement and damage it does. I don't think those guys down at the weather bureau gave it any thought at all when they named the conditions.

You still there, Rudi?
George Willer

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:42 pm

Yup, we is still here. Good thing we got passed by. Over the last 2 days we have had thunderstorms, hail (which we haven't seen in a very long time), very high winds - higher than normal and of course the Tornado Watch/Warnings.

It was kind of a tense night. All of my Cubs were outside as the shop is being taken up by the new JD and of course Jethro's mill.

We got up this morning and it was with much relief to see that everything was still where we left it.

I know that for some of you who are used to tornado's and hurricanes - it probably is not as big a deal as it is for us here. We are just used to the Nor-easters and Blizzards and 5 foot snowfalls. Very seldom do we get the weather that people in Tornado Alley and the Hurricane prone areas get.

Thanks for everything!
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby George Willer » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:46 pm

Rudi wrote:I know that for some of you who are used to tornado's and hurricanes - it probably is not as big a deal as it is for us here. We are just used to the Nor-easters and Blizzards and 5 foot snowfalls. Very seldom do we get the weather that people in Tornado Alley and the Hurricane prone areas get.

Thanks for everything!

Rudi,

We're a lot like the dog that knows to stay off the road... even though he's never been run over. If we ever see a tornado we'll probably be as scared as anyone else. Hurricanes... now they're really scary, since they cover such a broad area.
George Willer

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:12 pm

Here's something you can chew on - a nor'easter is a non-tropical winter hurricane! They gain energy from the warm ocean, that's why the winter coastal storms can be so brutal.

Since they usually form off the mid-Atlantic coast, nor'easters are probably the direct result of hot air blowing out of Washington, DC.

Vern Campbell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04664
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub

Postby Vern Campbell » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:54 pm

Carl, I guess that would explain why we've had some late spring nor'easters (fortunately just heavy rains, not snow) up here recemtly. There's been a lot of hot air and ill winds blowing out of Washington lately--as anyone in Maine employed at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, Brunswick NAS, or the Loring Accounting Center would tell you. :(

Vern
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.--Will Rogers

Return to “Off Topic”