This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Over Run Clutch

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Popeye
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12589
Tractors Owned: 1953 Farmall Super A
1974 Cub Cadet 169
1951 David Bradley
1955 David Bradley
1959 David Bradley Suburban

Over Run Clutch

Postby Popeye » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:41 pm

I Just purchased a Big Bee W-540 Bush hog, in poor shape and am looking to restore it & adapt it to work on my 1953 Farmall Super A. Now i have a few questions....First off, i am told I need a Overdrive Clutch for the PTO, can anyone recomend a specific place to get this or a brand to look for, as I am told NOT to buy a cheaply made China product. Also,I have No mounting hardware at all, so If anyone can possibly post Pics of your Bush hog Mounted so i can get an idea of what i have to fabricate to mount this to my Super A & make it work properly , I sure would appreciate it. thanks, DanO'
"I Yam What I Yam"

"Life is a Short Trip, You Don't Need Baggage" DOC

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Over Run Clutch

Postby Bus Driver » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:26 pm

I have not tried the setup you envision. And my comments are Just off the top of my head.The already short and offset PTO shaft may not work as well with the addition of the overrunning clutch which will shorten the shaft even more and increase the angle on the U-joints.
I do not like the Woods RM-59 on the fast hitch of my 140 at all. It works, but not well. No overrunning clutch and one is really not needed with the RM-59.
Luck favors those who are prepared

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Re: Over Run Clutch

Postby SONNY » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:50 pm

The only clutch needed would be on a big swing single spindle mower, such as the woods 42 on the cub which is made into the bottom drive pulley!-----double or triple blade models dont need them, as they dont coast when power is released! thanks; sonny

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”