This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

implements

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

implements

Postby Findoggy » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:26 pm

Is there a comprehensive listing (preferably with pictures) of implements designed and made for cub cadets either by IHC or aftermarket manufacturers? What is the "quick hitch" for a cadet 73?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:54 pm

I assume you are talking about a Cub Cadet model 73. IH built Cub Cadets are garden tractors, but they also built Cadet's, which are lawn tractors/riding mowers. There was not a Cadet model 73.

A model 73 Cub Cadet, and other models, had a "Quick Attach" latching system to lock the mule drive/subframe for the mower deck into the front of the tractor frame. I am not aware of any kind of "Quich Hitch"

Equipment for Cub Cadets, both IH and after market was listed in "Special Duty Equipment" brochures, and they can be found on ebay or from vendors at tractor show that sell brochures and literature.

Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Findoggy » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:20 pm

You are correct, I was referring to a cub cadet 73. I also misread the information on the unofficial IH Cub Cadet page, and I was referring to the quick attach system for the mower deck. Did other implements also attach via this quick attach system?

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:34 pm

Mainly just the mower deck subframe. The snow plow and snowthrowers would use it, but depending on the model (both tractor and/or equipment), some bolted to the frame. Some after market equipment may use it also, but most after market ( made by someone other than IH)stuff was made to fit several different model tractors, so I can't tell you what all does and does not use the quick attach. Some of the special duty equipment brochures may have up to 60 items for Cub Cadets.

Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Findoggy » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:28 pm

Paul B,
Thanks for your help.

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:53 am

Findoggy...You maybe referring to the attachments made for the Cub Cadet Model 73 (and other Cub Cadet Models) 3-point rear hitch :? ? If so...The Brinly-Hardy Company (originally in Louisville, KY...Now in Indiana) made a whole host of rear mounted attachments that hooked up to their sleeve hitch that mounted to the 3-point International Cub Cadet hitches.

Brinly-Hardy made planters, plows, discs, cultivators, fertillizers, lawn rollers, lawn sweepers and MORE! Today, they still manufacture sleeve hitch implements (and 3-point implements too)BUT no longer make the sleeve hitch itself. Brinky manufactures mostly plows, discs, dethatchers, box blades, lawn rollers and rear fertillizer rotary spreaders. BUT, you need a previously maufactired sleeve hitch to use these attachments :cry:

The sleeve hitches and 3-points (and NEW & OLD implements too) are on "E-PAY" :wink: (pricy...but necessary if you're gonna mount rear attachments to your older Cub Cadet models :wink: . Just do an Ebay "Brinly" search and you'll probably pull up 20 or more items :wink: !!!
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Findoggy » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:57 am

Country,
Thanks for your response. I would love to have some/all of the implements you mentioned, but as for most of us, financial concerns are paramount. It would be a hard sell to convince my wife we need to pay several hundred more dollars for a 3pt hitch, sleeve and implements. I was surprised she was so agreeable to my buying the tractor in the first place. She does, however, understand that this 36 y.o tractor will outlive the usefullness of our 7 y.o. craftsman lawn tractor.

Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Findoggy » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:04 am

country,
Do you have any pictures of the 3pt and sleeve hitch set-up on a tractor? I would like to see how they attach? Thanks for your assistance.

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:49 am

Hey Findoggy...YES :D , If you go to the front page of this web. site and click on photo albums...then click on the Cub Cadet Album...Then click on 'Country' Elliott's Model 73...you can see photos of the 3-point, as well as a Brinly-Hardy Sleeve hitch hooked up to it...AND, a Brinly-Hardy CC 500 Cultivator & Brinly-Hardy 10" Moldboard Plow too!

If you have the room...maybe you could sell your wife on the idea of a BIG garden that would feed y'all all winter long "if I just had a couple of attachments for my Cub Cadet Honey?" :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Return to “Cub Cadet”