This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Flashchat

How do I.... ?
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:13 am

Look at the top of the page towards the right. there is an Icon marked Flashchat. Click on it and it will open another screen where you will find a buch of guys having a bull session. We may discuss anythngin from tractors to cars, etc. not usually anyone there untill aobut 7-8 evening central time, and usually lasts until aobut 10 or 11 central time. Just a good place to visit. Everything is gone wehn we close out, so if there is anything siad you want to rmeber be sure to write it down, there is no way to retrieve it after you log off. If it asks for a login that's the same as you use for farmallcub.com. You will need a current version of flash media player if you don't have one.

Here is a link to the discussion when it was first started, including a link to downloading the latest verison of flah player.
http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewto ... =flashchat
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:09 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Everything is gone wehn we close out, so if there is anything siad you want to rmeber be sure to write it down, there is no way to retrieve it after you log off.

John I wonder if there is a feature or page for capturing a flashchat transcript?. Although I am not able to use flashchat I can capture the scrip from my I/M chats when I use it by going to

http://www.geocities.com/ScripTVX/msn.html

so maybe someone knows of a similar feature for saving the flashchat scripts? :?:
Last edited by johnbron on Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Then came Bronson

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:19 pm

I believe the flashchat has a save option.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:52 pm

Quiet BD, I don't want anyone to be able to prove what I say there. LOL. You can always highlight the text with your mouse and save it to Notepad, etc. if you want. By it not being available later I meant there was no place you could go back and read a converstion later or read one that occured when you weren't logged in.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

lildog
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45601
Skype Name: JohnRRatliff

Postby lildog » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:15 pm

John, you are correct that the flashchat is "realtime," meaning it is broadcast directly to participants and the text is not saved on a server. Basically what the "save" function does is create a static web page with the text from your current session. You can then copy and paste it into a document for record-keeping / bribery material.
John "lildog" Ratliff: Facebook | Twitter

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”