This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Complaint Department. Your Service Sucks

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Complaint Department. Your Service Sucks

Postby Eugene » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:52 pm

I have been looking for an odd sized piston oil ring. For the past week I have been emailing a number of suppliers and ring manufacturers, including folks who said they had the ring.

I found an email address late this afternoon - Sunday. The advertisement didn't specify specific ring sizes. An hour later I receive an email from the advertiser/individual saying he had the ring in stock, provided his price including p&h. Sunday afternoon. Somebody wants to make a sale.

Guess who is going to make the sale.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Re: Complaint Department. Your Service Sucks

Postby VinceD » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:59 pm

Glad you found a supplier that seems interested in the needs of the customer. :D :D
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:58 am

Eugene:

Now that is more like it huh :?: :) Service like that on a Sunday :shock: Most places don't give that kind of service Monday to Friday 8 to 4 :roll:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:58 am

Yup, I have seen a lot of companies lose huge amounts of business because of their lack of customer service. To list a few, Radio Shack once pretty much owned the home computer market but provided no customer service at all. IBM then pretty much had the market and had really good customer service, but they decided they did not want to keep it up. Now HP and and Apple have the best customer support, but I wonder how long that will last.

The Symantec (Norton) antivirus has always done a good job for me, though I know many do not like it. Their customer support has really gone to the dogs in the past few months, with it being nearly impossible to talk to a person, all you can get is the automated assistant. When it is time to renew I will start looking elsewhere.

Garmin is another one. I bought about 20 years ago a GPSIII that was shortly upgraded to a GPSIII+, that were both extremely good units for their time. A little over a year ago I bought a NUVI 855, which is a good GPS, but I recently had a problem with it, and soon learned that I knew more about it than the tech support people. Another item that when it needs replaced I will look at other companies.

Whirlpool and Ford have both gone the same rout. I have used their products for years, and been happy with them, both used to send customers satisfaction surveys after you had owned their products a few months to see what you liked and disliked about them. If they started seeing customers unhappy about something they made attempts to improve it, now neither of them wants to hear from customers. The only thing that keeps me dealing with either one is their local dealers.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460

Postby Mr E » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:11 am

John,
Interesting comments. Billy Ray & I had an interesting situation with the built-in GPS in my Ford truck on the way home from the Tug. Somehow we changed a setting an could not figure out how to get it back where it was originally. So, we called their Tech Support. After a few minutes, it became painfully obvious that the guy could hardly spell GPS. :help:

So, we finally figured it out for ourselves.
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:47 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:The Symantec (Norton) antivirus has always done a good job for me, though I know many do not like it. Their customer support has really gone to the dogs in the past few months, with it being nearly impossible to talk to a person, all you can get is the automated assistant. When it is time to renew I will start looking elsewhere.

I used Norton for a long time. But it got to where it IS a virus. It takes over your machine, installs more unwanted software and uses up so much of the machine that you can't do anything else. I switched over to Trend Micro. They haven't ruined it yet, but I'm afraid they may be loading it down with "features" that may make it just as bad.

Eddie H
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: L5B1C9
Tractors Owned: '48 Cub

Postby Eddie H » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:20 pm

Don't want to hijack this post, but a while ago, "Bit defender" sneaked into my machine, always asking to download the program and when I hit the cancel, does not even bother, the pop-up window stay's right on top. Managed to trace the files, tried to delete them, fat chance. Meanwhile it slowed to machine down to a crawl.
Any idea how to get rid of it and the machine back up to speed without formatting the drive.

Eddie
if it doesn't fit, make it fit

birddog
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 54515

Postby birddog » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:14 pm

Eddie, I don't think what you have is exactly the same program that my daughter had a problem with, but very similar. What she was told to do (it worked) was to change the date on the computer. My understanding is that most of these type of programs are made to run for a certain amount of time and by advancing the date the program things it has run it's course. I think she had to restart the computer after changing the date and I think she left the date ahead for a day or two before correcting it.
Mark "birddog" Birdeau
Circle of Safety

Eddie H
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: L5B1C9
Tractors Owned: '48 Cub

Postby Eddie H » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:22 am

Hi Mark, tried your tip and left the date changed for about 3 day's, no luck.
Contacted the company who actually wrote Bit Defender, they said they heard about it but have no cure, the virus or whatever was from somebody else.
Thanks for trying to help,

Eddie
if it doesn't fit, make it fit

Return to “Off Topic”