This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

implements

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
cubnewby
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27574

implements

Postby cubnewby » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:31 am

I just bought a 52 cub that has a mid mowing deck and a drawbar. Can I get a scraper to scrape my driveway that will attach to the drawbar? Having just bought it, I don't know how to install a 3-point hitch. Maybe I could buy a scraper for the front end? What about a plow or disc harrow?

I love this little tractor and look forward to using it for many years.

thanks,
cubnewby

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: implements

Postby Rudi » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:44 am

G'day and congrats :applause: on acquiring your new to you 52 Cub :D

3 point hitches are not compatible with a Cub unless the 3 point is specifically designed/converted to mount to a Cub. Cub implements are not hard to find though, and are readily available in many areas of the country both above and below the 49th :wink:

You can get a wide variety of implements for your Cub including the Leveling and Grader blade which can be both front and belly mounted. Front mount for snow plowing and belly mount for grading jobs such as your driveway. Moldboard Plows, disc harrows are also available as well. Suggest you read the links below ...

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server. Enjoy!.

Enjoy your new Cub :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:57 am

Congrats on the new to you Cub and welcome to the forum. As Rudi said, Three points hitches are not usually found on a Cub unless an aftermarket one has been installed. Those generally run $700.00+ unless you get lucky and find a used one.

The nice thing is, since there are many implements out there made specifically for a Cub you should be able to find the ones you want at a reasonable cost. For a look at several of these implements check out the following link http://www.tm-tractor.com/gim/gim_001.htm
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Tezell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39861
Tractors Owned: 76 Cub Denim Springs
49 Cub Denim Springs
51 Cub Uncle Harvey
"Jacksonville" 53 Cub
"Jackson" 76 Cub
"Louie" 64 Cub Fast Hitch
"Paw Paw"71 Cub Fast
Hitch
"Alvin" 72 Cub
"Ugly" 75 Cub
76 Cub Val
Mr. Kirkland" 77 Red Cub
77 Cub "Russell
76 Cub w/fast hitch "Edgar"
76 - 185 Cub Lo Boy
John Deere 2003 - 5320
Kubota 7060
Kubota 5400
Kubota 2680
John Deere 445
TO20 Ferguson

Postby Tezell » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:08 am

Congrats on your Cub and welcome to the forum.
"I ain't believing this!"

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:32 am

cubnewby wrote:I just bought a 52 cub that has a mid mowing deck and a drawbar. Can I get a scraper to scrape my driveway that will attach to the drawbar? Having just bought it, I don't know how to install a 3-point hitch. Maybe I could buy a scraper for the front end? What about a plow or disc harrow?

I love this little tractor and look forward to using it for many years.

thanks,
cubnewby

cubnewby,
Welcome to the Forum!
Your best bet is to belly mount the 54 Blade. Cowboy wrote How to Grade a Yard or a Road using the Cub Mid-Mount Grader Blade and "gitractorman" posted a story about regrading his backyard using his mid-mount blade.

You could mount a Fast-Hitch to your tractor however there are a number of parts that are not on your vintage tractor from the factory that make the FH more functional. Front rock shaft is larger diameter and has an additional "tab" for the helper spring. With the larger diameter rock shaft you need larger pillow blocks. The rear of the helper spring mounts to a rod guide on the tranny and fender. The fender has a reinforcement plate on the tire side.

I have an IH100 Rear Grader Blade that will get used this afternoon to regrade our 320' gravel driveway.

Decisions, decisions.....
One tractor with FH and lots of fairly easy to change implements or....
Multiple tractors, each with an implement.

Have fun,
Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:21 pm

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Cub
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

cubnewby
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27574

Postby cubnewby » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:59 pm

thanks to everyone who responded. Being new to this (and not very handy) can I get the scraper/blade that will attach to the rear drawbar which is facing the rear of the tractor? The reason I ask is I have a 3-blade belly mower that is belt driven by the rear axle and I don't want to remove it just to use the blade. Also, I don't know the model/brand of the mower deck. It has 3 blade pulleys and the main drive pulley. The 5/8 inch v-belt is stretched and won't stay on; it is marked 4CCSS and I measured the stretched outside length which was 114 inches, but it's probably stretched 3-6 inches. Can you help?

thanks,
cubnewby

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:12 am

cubnewby wrote: Also, I don't know the model/brand of the mower deck. It has 3 blade pulleys and the main drive pulley. The 5/8 inch v-belt is stretched and won't stay on; it is marked 4CCSS and I measured the stretched outside length which was 114 inches, but it's probably stretched 3-6 inches. Can you help?

The best thing you can do to learn how to identify implements is to look at the manuals themselves. One of the reasons why the Manual Server (simply click the preceding link) exists is precisely for that reason. It is very difficult for any of us to tell you what you have without seeing detailed pics of your unit, but you can compare simply by looking at the manuals and deciding which mower fits the bill for your belly mount mower. Here is the link to the Cub Implements. These are primarily IH produced implements. The mower that probably fit into your description would be C-1 Rotary Mower (12-16-59) or the C-3 Rotary Mower 12-20-63. Woods also has a number of models and you can see the different ones here - Woods Mower Manuals.

cubnewby wrote: Being new to this (and not very handy) can I get the scraper/blade that will attach to the rear drawbar which is facing the rear of the tractor?

To clarify, the belly mower should be driven by a belt/chain from the rear PTO depending on the model. It is independent of the axle.

If you have a Fast Hitch - see - Fast Hitch Attachment Manual - Cub Lo-Boy 10-20-55 then the rear blade -- IH-100 see the pic above by Peter Person. You can change it to rear facing but trust me.. having to look backwards on a Cub or any tractor is not only a pain in the neck, back and butt, it also is really uncomfortable. Front facing is sooooo much better.

If you are handy .. you probably could fabricate a mount for the drawbar and rear rockshaft arm so that you could lift it.

Hope this helps
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Introduce Yourself”