This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fall Plowin'

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Fall Plowin'

Postby SONNY » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:09 pm

I did get to start on my plowing job late today, and will try to get a video of some of it next time out!----at least pics!

This spring someone on here wanted artichoke tubers to plant a quarter acre to hog down,---does anyone remember who it was???----I now have probably more than enough to do the job if he wants to do a planting next year!!!---I just need to get rid of them!----Dont have all of them dug yet, but from the few plants I did get dug, there will be a ton of them!

We are getting light frosts here the last several knights too! thanks; sonny

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17953
Tractors Owned: ......Almost enough.
N3NIK
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Fall Plowin'

Postby Winfield Dave » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:21 pm

SONNY wrote:This spring someone on here wanted artichoke tubers to plant a quarter acre to hog down,---does anyone remember who it was???----I now have probably more than enough to do the job if he wants to do a planting next year!!!---I just need to get rid of them!----Dont have all of them dug yet, but from the few plants I did get dug, there will be a ton of them!
I remember this post.
http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=58715
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby SONNY » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:01 pm

Here is one of the videos that Virginia took while I plowed the south section of the west garden!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3e73hPLNcA

1-bottom hi-clear plow, -- 76 HP,--almost knee deep,--5 MPH, didnt take long in this section.--I then went into the north section and got a big chunk of it done before dark!---enjoy the video! thanks; sonny

Goraidh (Jeff)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04236
Tractors Owned: '49 Cub "Jessie"
'64 Cub "Alex"
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Goraidh (Jeff) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:57 am

Thanks for the video. I'd much rather slice the soil with a moldboard that churn it up with a tiller. Looks like you need another three or so bottoms on that plow of yours.

Jeff
'49 Cub (#77786) "Jessie"
"64 Farmall Cub (#224657) "Alex"
Woods 42C-6
C-3 mower
Cub 54 Blade
193 Moldboard plow
Cub L-38 disc harrow
Cub-144 Cultivator
Cordwood Saw

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby SONNY » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:03 pm

I was runnin knee deep and 4 1/2 mph so the ole ground got shook good! It is dry here right now,-- today I dug a hole with the big crawler to bury stumps in and dry hard dirt all the way down, (went down 6 feet) then put in the stumps and got it all covered up! looks like rain and is flashing lightning right now ,--I have a 5 bottom green plow for the tractor, also have a RED model 540 -4 bottom for it,--just dont have them here yet, so I used the 1-bottom hi-clear dude that I made for the 404/504/and574 tractors!---they wont pull it near as fast as the 706!--LOL! thanks; sonny

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”