This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Odd strange and curious "Articulating" Bolens

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bezirk
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 22843
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub 1949, Oliver OC3 crawler 1951, Ford 8 N 1948, Oliver 77 Row Crop 1953, JohnDeere, La, 1941, John Deere 4115/w loader, 2004, John Deere stationary power unit LUC, Farmall M, 1946, Oliver 77 Row crop w/ loader
Circle of Safety: Y

Odd strange and curious "Articulating" Bolens

Postby Bezirk » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:49 pm

I grew up operating one of these that our neighbor owned, recently this one was auctioned near me and it followed me home. The best estimate I have of the year is 1947. The model no is 35 AB. It came with a disc, turn plow and two hiller shovels. I would appreciate any info that anyone has on thi m,achine. The engine has been replaced on this one, they came out with the Wisconsin, 6hp I think.
Berlin Image Image
I started out with nothing and now I only have half of that left !

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17953
Tractors Owned: ......Almost enough.
N3NIK

Re: Odd strange and curious "Articulating" Bolens

Postby Winfield Dave » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:53 pm

Berlin...Neat looking....You described it very accurately at Cecil's.
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:17 pm

Nice piece you got there Berlin. That would be a Bolens Ridemaster. Here is Jason's (Aftermac) wife Mary with her uncle restoring hers.

Photo by Aftermac
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:23 am

http://gardentractortalk.com/section/gt ... -2011-240/
More photos of the machine.

http://gardentractortalk.com/
One of the sites I frequently visit. Has a Bolens section as well as 2 wheeled garden tractors.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:32 pm

Berlin:

Very nice old Bolens. I checked my Bolens manuals and unfortunately I do not have any for the Ridemaster att. There is a Bolens Manual site on the net. WIll go look and see what they have.

I did check out Bolens Ridemaster Manuals and got a couple hits .. this one might be useful Bolens Ridemaster Blog and here Bolens Ridemaster Manuals which I think you are going to enjoy. The last one is part of the GardenTalk forum that Eugene pointed to .. went looking for the Ridemaster manuals and got lucky. Implement Owner's and Parts Lists as well as the Owner's Manual and Parts List.

These guys/gals seem to have a similar community to ours :shock: :!: Very very 8)

And if you want your very own Manual then :eBay: has one right now:

Bolens Ridemaster Garden Tractor Manual *

It may be a reprint but for 8 bucks can't go wrong on that one.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:24 pm

There is an articulating tractor on you tube with a snow blower on it. I thinki its a later bolens with the sheetmetal tins on it.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:04 pm

BigBill wrote:There is an articulating tractor on you tube with a snow blower on it. I thinki its a later bolens with the sheetmetal tins on it.

That would be interesting to see. Would you happen to have the url for it?
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Bezirk
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 22843
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub 1949, Oliver OC3 crawler 1951, Ford 8 N 1948, Oliver 77 Row Crop 1953, JohnDeere, La, 1941, John Deere 4115/w loader, 2004, John Deere stationary power unit LUC, Farmall M, 1946, Oliver 77 Row crop w/ loader

Postby Bezirk » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:39 pm

Thanks guy for the tips, I am currently bidding on the manual on ebay, the auction ends tomorrow (Saturday night ) I do appreciate all of your comments. I will attempt to plow my garden with it soon and will post the results of that. This B & S motor starts very well, the original Wisconsin that my neighbor had was a bear to start, and if it cut off hot, you had at least an hour's break before it would restart (just like the hay baler's Wisconsin's ). It was a very poor design, I bought it only for the uniqueness of it , and because it brings back many pleasant memories of my teens operating one like it .
Berlin
I started out with nothing and now I only have half of that left !

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:56 pm

Manuals from Garden Tractor Talk are free down loads. You must sign up - be a member - no fees involved.

Get the old Wisconsin engine if it's still around. If the current or original engine had/has the 6 to 1 gear reduction on the side - I have an original parts engine for it.

P.S. My opinion of Wisconsin engine differs greatly from your neighbor.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.

Postby Denny Clayton » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:24 am

Bezirk wrote:Thanks guy for the tips, I am currently bidding on the manual on ebay, the auction ends tomorrow (Saturday night ) I do appreciate all of your comments. I will attempt to plow my garden with it soon and will post the results of that. This B & S motor starts very well, the original Wisconsin that my neighbor had was a bear to start, and if it cut off hot, you had at least an hour's break before it would restart (just like the hay baler's Wisconsin's ). It was a very poor design, I bought it only for the uniqueness of it , and because it brings back many pleasant memories of my teens operating one like it .
Berlin

Dad had one of those Wisconsin powered balers. Acted just like that. Also had to lay a bale on the ground to stand on to get up high enough to crank the engine. :roll:
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”