Well now that I have sorta came down from cloud 197 ..
yeah, I am pretty pleased with myself .. Went back out to work shortly after I posted. Was having a late dinner, been working a lot lately. Did a couple small projects in the pole barn .. getting it all ready for winter so I can work in there. Roger was over tonight and installed the last 3 breakers for the time being - and I installed the weather stripping and plugged the rest of the holes in the temporary barn doors. Going to be toasty this winter
Anyhoosie, after playing on the barn for a bit, I started again on the stuck valves. Add more Nut Buster crank it a couple times, tap down the valves 2 or 3 times and then start all over again. After a couple turns #5 all of a sudden clicked, wasn't sure what it was but when I looked at the valves while I was cranking #5 was moving all by itself
Had to crank it a few more times to believe it but yup, #5 is now free and doing what it does best
#4 well, that was a different story. Energized I decided that I was going to keep at it and see if it would also free up. Cycle after cycle Nut Buster alternating with some Loctite and I kept cranking in 2 complete cycles per trip. After a little over an hour, #4 started to become much much easier in fact I could put it in place just pushing the screwdriver. After a little more time the weight of the screwdriver itself was enough to get the valve to drop and then about 5 or 10 minutes later pop
it dropped on it's own. I went through it a few more times cranking by hand to ensure that the valves were dropping properly. I then relubed with some Nut Buster, stuck the plugs back in, pulled the kill switch and turned it over a half dozen or so times with the starter. All 8 valves working as they should.
Now I am really quite pleased. Tired but very pleased.
And Gary, yes there is 2 minutes of video. Need to upload it over the next day or so.. hopefully. Now I am off to bed, market in the morning