This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Jeep 4x4 tractor Vs, Fcub/int154

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Jeep 4x4 tractor Vs, Fcub/int154

Postby BigBill » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:19 pm

I like to test stuff and compare the differences in things we fabricate against the standard stuff we buy and use.

Ok after the noreaster i tried the jeep 4x4 tractor with standard tire chains nothing special on al four tires with lockers in the diff's so its a real 4x4 drive with all four wheels pulling exactly the same. Up against my int154 with my duo-cross chains with the ice bar crosslinks. This was 15'' of heavy wet slushy snow and as soon as you hit it, it became all ice and slushy.

The jeep had all four wheels spinning with no traction at all but i hammered it throttle wise and it did push the snow.

The int154 cub just pushed it like it wasn't even there with very little force and no wheel spin at all. It had all traction. I just set the speed and let the govenor do its thing.

My point is its time for a good set of tire chains for the jeep tractor and maybe an after market govennor too.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Landreo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29130
Tractors Owned: fcub(5)
tricycle cub
154 (4)
Earthmaster (2)
JD 40T, JD 420 crawler-loader, JD MT
JD Unstyled A, Styled A, Unstyled AR
JD H
Centaur Tractor
AC Model C, G
Cub Cadets (9)
Gibson D
Red-E
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Jeep 4x4 tractor Vs, Fcub/int154

Postby Landreo » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:06 am

Good informatiom, I assume the diameter of the tires has some effect but it is hard to beat chains in snow.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Jeep 4x4 tractor Vs, Fcub/int154

Postby BigBill » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:27 pm

I have car chains on all four jeep wheels but i have many boxes of new ice bar cross links to fab a set of my chains for my jeep. But i may change the 700-15 tires to 31"-1550-15's tru power or super swampers but I need a set of duo-cross chains for my 11.2x24 tires too. I must of purchased 500 ice bar cross links in 5/16 & in 3/8" diameter on ebay for 50 links in a bag for shipped for $35. I couldn't pass that up.
My best investement so far is the larger tractor tire chain tool for $89 its well worth it.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”