This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What are they?

What is it or Wazzit? Have a mystery item you want help figuring out its use. . . this is the place to ask.
Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety: Y

What are they?

Postby Dennis » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:30 pm

OK, I kind of like these "what is it" threads lately and I've had these things setting around in my barn for years. I could never really figure out what they were used for and I think I found them in the wreckage of an old house.
I figure I'm missing some pieces, but maybe someone can recognize these parts.
2011-12-01_12-01-31_235 (Medium).jpg

Thanks,
Dennis
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

redfin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 70737

Re: What are they?

Postby redfin » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:16 pm

This is just a (WAG) guess , but if there was a round ring with it those might be legs from a vintage christmas tree stand.

indy61
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby indy61 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:08 pm

Legs for a drafting table?

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines

Postby Jeff Silvey » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:25 pm

Dennis I found the same thing in my late dads stuff. So i sand blasted them & painted gun powder gray & use it out side for a flower pot holder. I do know that when you bolt them together you can make different size's for the opening. Your guest is like mind Dont Know. I have ask several peolpe that has them as well they say dont know.
Good luck.

In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:32 pm

Come on guys some of you are old enough to recognize the brackets to hold a vertical hot water tank. We had a side arm gas water heater on ours. Dsad got rid of it when we went to oil in 1938. My Maternal grandparents hadn their plumbed to a pot stove for summer time hot water and a coilin the coal furnace for winter. Brings back memories.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.

Postby Denny Clayton » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:40 pm

beaconlight wrote:Come on guys some of you are old enough to recognize the brackets to hold a vertical hot water tank. We had a side arm gas water heater on ours. Dsad got rid of it when we went to oil in 1938. My Maternal grandparents hadn their plumbed to a pot stove for summer time hot water and a coilin the coal furnace for winter. Brings back memories.

Speak for yourself, Bill. Us "boomers" are getting old, but not THAT old! :shock: :lol: :lol:
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:50 pm

OK Denny but I am not the only depression baby on the forum. While in high school in the late 40's I worked for an uncle of mine as a plumbers helper. We replaced tanks on a couple even then especially in tenements for central heat wasn't required in New York City till a little later. I remember going to work when I first went to work. On the Subway in the winter the people from Brooklyn who lived in tenements with the old style kerosene heaters smelled of the smoke. Times have changed and in most cases for the better.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:06 pm

beaconlight wrote:Come on guys some of you are old enough to recognize the brackets to hold a vertical hot water tank. We had a side arm gas water heater on ours. Dsad got rid of it when we went to oil in 1938. My Maternal grandparents hadn their plumbed to a pot stove for summer time hot water and a coilin the coal furnace for winter. Brings back memories.

That makes sense. I figured since it was cast iron, it must have been used for holding something that was hot... thanks.

It looks like it makes a good flower pot stand too ;)
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

indy61
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby indy61 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:55 pm

beaconlight wrote:Times have changed and in most cases for the better.

I'm not so sure of that? I guess the air quality is better but no jobs and no made in the USA anymore.

NYC has always fascinated me, probably due to Hollywood, but I can't imagine living there and having tractors.
Staten Island must of been a busy place but what's it like now?

Return to “Wazzits?”