This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Road trip Thursday to Baltimore, MD

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Road trip Thursday to Baltimore, MD

Postby John Niekamp » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:29 pm

Well guys, here is my next endeavor. some of the guys on nigtly chat already knows this.

The family and I are flying out to Baltimore, MD next week and purchasing this 1989 Winnebago LeSharo motorhome and with God's help drive it back home to Illinois.

I have always wanted one of these motorhomes, it is powered by a Renault 2.2 liter gas engine and a three speed automatic transmission. The neatest thing is it's front wheel drive and is very self-contained, with generator and roof A/C, funny looking pull out shower stall and four captain's chairs for traveling, two of them make into a second bed.

Now I am not real big on the Renault engine, not to mention it's no power house, so eventually I will put in the Crysler or GM V6 conversion, but that's not until this engine falls down. I hear however these units can get anywhere from 14 to 20 MPG, I guess I will be finding out. Geroge Willer said he had one and sold it at his auction several years ago, but they aren't designed for towing, so I won't be able to tow the cub to Cubarama.

My hopes is once we are out in Baltimoreo meeting up with Carm and Lucker Carl for supper and then hopefully on the way home from MD going across Ohio (provided we have time) stop in and see Mr. Big Dog.

Carl was kind enough to go and take a gander at this for me since he lived close to the place I will be purchasing it, I really appreceatied Carl being my eyes a 1,000 miles away....THANKS CARL!

I am however somehwat uneasy about the flying bit, but probably more uneasy about the drive back home in something I know really nothing about. It has 51,000 miles, BUT from the sounds of it, it has been well taken care of.

I even got me a membership to AAA for RV, just for a little added peace of mind, which even covers me on my Harley.

Wish me luck !!!!

John Niekamp

PS. Mr. EJP keeps warning me, "You'll be sorry" I have a gut feeling he's traveled with two kids across country at one point of time.

That's ok John, I have a bathroom and top carrier I can lock them in, if the fighting gets to bad. LOL

Machinist
1954 Regular F-Cub "PRB" (Puckett's Rust Bucket)
1955 International Cub LoBoy "SQUATTY"
1954 3800 series Chevrolet flat bed grain truck "Ole Ben"
1975 Case 1737 skid-steer

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:30 pm

Lots of luck with it John. May you have many happy miles.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:57 pm

Good luck with it, John!

If you can arrange to travel across northern Ohio, I'd like to see it. I'll wager you swap the engine sooner rather than later.

Here's what mine looked like:

We're already on our third motorhome since the little Winnebago but I've already fallen in love with the fourth. In the event anyone wants to make a HUGE donation, I'd happily get this home away from home. It's a Jayco Seneca 35GS, with Duramax diesel and Allison tranny. That's a real truck under there!

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:19 pm

Bill,

I hope I have good luck with it too, at least enough to get back home with it and hopefully with no problems, lol

George,

I have already been keeping an eye out for a wrecked vehicle for my donor engine/transmission. They make conversions to adapt to the Renault transaxel to either GM or Dodge, but I think I would go the extra mile and have a complete match. I haven't decided what make it's going to be yet, probably what ever comes along first and can be purchased the cheapest. Not only for the newer engine, parts would be easier to find than for the Renault engine.

Hey that's one fine looking RV, you might as well go ahead and enjoy all those years of saving and spend that money. Even tho the one you posted a picture of a few weeks ago, wasn't to darn shabby either.
Machinist
1954 Regular F-Cub "PRB" (Puckett's Rust Bucket)
1955 International Cub LoBoy "SQUATTY"
1954 3800 series Chevrolet flat bed grain truck "Ole Ben"
1975 Case 1737 skid-steer

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:30 pm

Hey that's one fine looking RV, you might as well go ahead and enjoy all those years of saving and spend that money. Even tho the one you posted a picture of a few weeks ago, wasn't to darn shabby either.[quote][/quote]

John,

That was probably the stealth hauler. No matter what we do to it it will always be a Ford! Now, then that there Duramax is a whole 'nother ball game!
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:34 pm

John:

You, Mary and the kids have a great flight, and a wonderful drive home. I have CAA and I travel rather easier now knowing I have good road service protection, plus the other benefits.

Enjoy that motorhome. Bit small for us, course even the Duramax that George is eyeballin is a bit small for my brood. I think I need a Road Coach conversion

Enjoy buds, and a safe trip for you all!
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck

Postby Carm » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:57 pm

Looking foirward to meeting you all. Have a safe trip, and I'll see you soon!

Return to “Off Topic”