This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

malware on site

How do I.... ?
Anonymous_h
10+ Years
10+ Years

malware on site

Postby Anonymous_h » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:25 am

Not sure where to post this, but I have been having problems with malware (spyware) that give you a fake virus notification and then blocks your access to the internet - for three days I have been trying to narrow down where it was coming from - and now I am almost sure it is coming from farmallcub.com everytime I am on the site I get attacked.
Not sure if it is Dennis that takes care of it or not.
Just FYI

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: malware on site

Postby Bigdog » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:33 am

Brad - I have not noticed anything unusual. However, I have passed this on to Dennis.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:36 am

Is it, by chance, XP Internet Security 2012?
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:13 am

Interesting .. googled it - XP Internet Security 2012. Another of them rogues...

I doubt if it came from farmallcub.com. More likely from an ad that was downloaded.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

randallc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 72940
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub, 152 disk plow, 2 gang disk, belly mower, sickle mower
1949 Farmall Cub, cultivator, moldboard plow, disk,front blade. Cub Cadet, LTX1045 Mower. Cub Cadet's 109, 125, 1000, and 1250
1961 cub c2 belly mower and full blade. 48 cub manual lift with cultivators.
1947 Cub

Postby randallc » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:33 am

Google is a great tool. Brings information up, just be careful how far you follow it. For example, it will give you a title to click on; I will pursue that one without reserve; but sometimes you get adds or encouragement to follow other links that look very legit even to the point of having something that looks like a microsoft or windows logo. One got me one time on this computer: Everytime I opened it up it controled the only web site I could go to: I used my desktop to contact mircosoft through email and their techs started walking me through stuff totally out of my world, but with their detailed instruction and several tries we got it.
Next time I got one of those messages "you've been invaded with a bug, follow this link to clean your computer" Never, never follow that link that pops up!!
Never, never follow that link that pops up!!!
What I do, may not be right, but it has worked a couple of times: I run Microsoft Essencetials to secure my computer- if I get a message from it I run it to clean it, BUT WHEN THAT NEW BLURB OPENS UP--- I do an immediate quick kill !!! Has worked the last couple of times.

I have not noticed any problem from farmallcub.cub or any of their sponsors. However, I am not quick to click on advertisemets that appear.
Guinea, 1951 Farmall Cub; Jumping Willy, 1949 Farmall Cub, 61 Cub, Scrapy, and 48 Cub Al, 48 cub, Billy D.

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:55 am

Brad, there is nothing that I'm aware of; If anyone else is getting positives/false-positives, please let me know.

I do know that from the server logs and my personal email, the hackers are out in FULL-ON BRUTE FORCE this month. More malware than I've ever seen in the last several years... be careful out there.

Dennis
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Anonymous_h
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Anonymous_h » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:42 pm

Thanks guys - I have a software program that tracks what time and what site I am on when the Trojan comes through - but I am not smart enough to know when it comes from the actual site address or something running in the background that I don't know about - thanks for checking I hope I am the only one being bothered with it.

coppersmythe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '48 trimmed dash high crop cub , '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy/59 mower , '64 "galvanized" cub , cub-6 toolbar , sicklebar mowers , 54 blade , plow , mott mower , early belly mower . . international 1010 pickup with 345ci v-8 .

Postby coppersmythe » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:11 pm

i got hit last night, could not get it to stop to run my spyware program. it listed several virus's and trojan horses it "discovered"and said i needed to run there program to clean it up. not computer literate enough to be sure where it came from, but my "surfing is very limited. coppersmythe...........................................edit added 12/16/11 . today, thats it, windows 7 internet security 2012 blah blah blah warning run this program. cannot get it to stop
Last edited by coppersmythe on Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

CapeCodCubs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02747
Tractors Owned: .
1948 F Cub Fast hitch
1949 F Cub
1950 F Cub Fast hitch
1965 Loboy Fast hitch
1966 Loboy with 1000 loader
1976 International Cub
several walk behind garden tractors
(20) FastHitch implements
tons' of cultivating and planting stuff
C-16 Cub Middlebuster
(2) A33 Cub bean harvester
NOS Planet Jr. planter
172 planter, large combo hopper, 101A fertilzer hopper
Cole 250# fertilizer hopper with chain drive.

Postby CapeCodCubs » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:14 pm

I got hit wish this yesterday...two computers hit and wiped out after visiting. Expensive to fix but back and running...am wary about being here now...

Anonymous_h
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Anonymous_h » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:19 pm

That's the one Val - the only way to get it off is to download a anti-malware program on to a thumb drive (memory stick) from a different computer and run it from that usb drive.

Anonymous_h
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Anonymous_h » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:29 pm

Don McCombs wrote:Is it, by chance, XP Internet Security 2012?

Don on my computer it said Win 7 internet Security 2012

CapeCodCubs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02747
Tractors Owned: .
1948 F Cub Fast hitch
1949 F Cub
1950 F Cub Fast hitch
1965 Loboy Fast hitch
1966 Loboy with 1000 loader
1976 International Cub
several walk behind garden tractors
(20) FastHitch implements
tons' of cultivating and planting stuff
C-16 Cub Middlebuster
(2) A33 Cub bean harvester
NOS Planet Jr. planter
172 planter, large combo hopper, 101A fertilzer hopper
Cole 250# fertilizer hopper with chain drive.

Postby CapeCodCubs » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:10 pm

homstead wrote:
Don McCombs wrote:Is it, by chance, XP Internet Security 2012?

Don on my computer it said Win 7 internet Security 2012

Yup that's the one...

Rick Spivey
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 29518

Postby Rick Spivey » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:26 pm

I got it on my work computer from this site. and it still isn't fixed. Hopefully tomorrow. Sorry Dennis, but this was the only site I hit that night, and it attacked quick. It is a bear to remove!!!
Rick Spivey
'52 Cub ("Great Personality") 148xxx
'48 Cub with FH ("Gunny Cub") 38xxx
'57 Lambretta (a slow work in progress)
'74 Triumph TR6 (Mama's toy)

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460

Postby Mr E » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:07 pm

Dennis wrote:Brad, there is nothing that I'm aware of; If anyone else is getting positives/false-positives, please let me know.

I do know that from the server logs and my personal email, the hackers are out in FULL-ON BRUTE FORCE this month. More malware than I've ever seen in the last several years... be careful out there.

Dennis

Dennis,
I don't know if this will be helpful to you or not. I have noticed this for a couple of days, but did not think anything about it at first. When I was reading Rick's post just now, a message popped up on the bottom of the page. See picture. I am currently on my work computer; looks like our Antivirus or Firewall one has recognized a problem in the Ad section.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks.

Roy
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:11 pm

Is there any commonality among the service providers? I have Comcast as an ISP and have had no issues. Using Google Chrome browser, running Windows 7.

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”