This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Carburetor ID help.

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Criswell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48180
Tractors Owned: 1952 Cub with
- 54 Blade
- 193 Moldboard Plow
- Woods 59 C-2 mower

Carburetor ID help.

Postby Criswell » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:48 pm

These carburetor bodies pictured below, came to me through an auction earlier this summer. I had no interest in the carbs that you see, rather some of the other things that were in the box. I am sure that we have all been there, you have to buy a big box of "stuff" in order to get what you want. There were a couple of Farmall tractors and parts that went at this auction, but I am sorry to say that I did not pay too much attention to them, as they were not the main reason I had gone. Anyway, I got these carb bodies and am hopeful that someone could tell me their application:

Now if you have any pre-war automotive carburetors, I can tell you what they fit and what years, but tractor carburetors I don't have a clue. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, Joe. :help:
Where you are, right now, is of absolutly no use unless you are able to get away from it, FAST!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Carburetor ID help.

Postby Boss Hog » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:51 pm

They are only parts carbs may have fit some of the letter series farmalls but could be for about anything
without more info would be hard to tell
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:23 pm

The numbers on the id tags (round disks held by 1 rivet) may give clues as to what they fit.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:28 pm

http://www.thecarburetorshop.com/Carburetor_ID.htm

Scroll down to Zenith. Might help some. Probably not since Zeniths were used by many different manufacturers.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Chris D
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23027

Postby Chris D » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:23 pm

The carburetor in the back of the picture looks like from a ford 8N just from memory. I had one a few years ago and it resembles what they had. I could be wrong, my memory isn't that great :D.

Edit: Looking at it again I realized they are all about the same lol. Been a long day........
48 cub with full cultivators
48 cub all original 6 volt, hand crank, muffler, front + rear wheel weights, and fast hitch and a 1000 loader :)
Left hand plow, right hand plow, disc, grader/snow blade, lots of cultivator stuff, woods 42, and a few others

twotone
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15132
Tractors Owned: 53 F Cub
73 F Cub
53 Super A With Snow/Grader Blade
193 Plow With Colter And Jointer
144 Cultivators
22 Mower

Postby twotone » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:23 am

I've seen many Continental engines with updraft Zenith carbs.

Tom
Know Your Cub, And Your Cub Will Know You.

Tom

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”