This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

38-1 U1114 Mower deck

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

38-1 U1114 Mower deck

Postby Findoggy » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:02 pm

Hello all. Was cutting grass with my cub cadet 73 last week when one of the belts broke. It's the one that runs between the two outer spindles. I got a replacement belt, but am unsure as to how it goes back on properly. I just got the tractor and never really looked at how the belt was on there because I didn't anticipate mine braking. Does anyone have or know where I can get a manual for this mower, or do you have a picture of it on your deck? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Findoggy

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:33 pm

Start at the bottom pulley of the center spindle, to the left pulley, to the right pulley, behind the idler pulley - the idler pulley goes against the flat side of the belt and the idler pulley spring should keep tension on the belt, and back to the bottom center pulley.

Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Findoggy » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:43 pm

Thanks Paul B, I'll give it a shot tomorrow. It's great having people like you willing to help out those in need. I'm always amazed at the wealth of knowledge available to everyone on this website. Have a great 4th of July.

Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Findoggy » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:56 am

Paul B, are there any twists in the belt as it goes on the pulleys? I tried to follow your instructions, but there was a lot of slack in the belt. Obviously I didn't do something right. Do you happen to have a picture of the belt on the deck or do you know where I could find a picture?

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:50 am

I'll scan a picture from the manual and email it to you. I don't have a host site to post a picture.

Return to “Cub Cadet”