This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Removing Steering Wheel from 140

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Little Indy
10+ Years
10+ Years
eBay ID: falco-de-fiume

Removing Steering Wheel from 140

Postby Little Indy » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:47 pm

I purchased Little Red (a 140; my 6 volt cub is Big Red). Little Red needs a new steering wheel. After squirting and soaking the nut with diesel fuel, the nut came off easily. But the wheel itself is stubborn. Any ideas?

Also I have been thinking about moving the flail mower from Big Red to Little Red. Then putting the sickle bar mower on Big Red. Good idea or bad idea. I have done some priliminay measurements and the flail mower should fit.
Si hoc legere scis,nimium eruditionis habes.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:20 pm

Soak it with Kroil and you may have to heat the hub of the steering wheel.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:25 pm

Split it with a big chisel or hacksaw it off.
Then came Bronson

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:07 pm

Most generally, if you use a heavy punch (drift) and hit it with a 2+ LB hammer from the bottom side, they will come right off (after your arm pretty much falls off). :wink: :lol:
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:21 pm

Kroil it, heat it, then take an air hammer with a round flat tool in it and start zapping around the flats. The shock of the hammer will break the rust loose. Earl the machinst taught me that air hammer trick.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”